identification no210311sn3

Satish Nikam

Mar 21, 2011, 5:36:00 AM3/21/11
to Indiantrees Pics
Dear All,
             The last id. for today
date/time:feb11
location:mulshi,pune
plant habit:found amongst the grass
height:tiny,almost lost among the grass
other info:...
thanks
regards
satish nikam

IMG_4274-r.jpg
IMG_4275.JPG

Smita Raskar

Mar 21, 2011, 6:24:02 AM3/21/11
to Satish Nikam, Indiantrees Pics
Rugia?? i do not know..Acanthaceae plant
--
Smita raskar
308 Disha Residency,

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 21, 2011, 6:30:15 AM3/21/11
to Smita Raskar, Satish Nikam, Indiantrees Pics
Smita ji, you may be right. Looks like Rungia pectinata

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

tanay bose

Mar 21, 2011, 8:45:35 AM3/21/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Smita Raskar, Satish Nikam, Indiantrees Pics
Rungia pectinata is also the call from me
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

JM Garg

Jan 4, 2020, 4:01:50 AM1/4/20
to efloraofindia, smilingsmit, GurcharanSingh, dr.rakesh Singh, DineshValke, Satish Nikam
I think this is Justicia concinna as per images and details herein.
IMG_4274-r.jpg
IMG_4275.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 4, 2020, 6:49:04 AM1/4/20
to JM Garg, efloraofindia, smilingsmit, dr.rakesh Singh, DineshValke, Satish Nikam
Please note that  Justicia concinna J. R. I. Wood, nom. nov.  is written only in original publication (every published name was nom. nov. or Sp. nov. when first published), when citing them we always  drop this ending.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

J.M. Garg

Jan 4, 2020, 7:17:59 AM1/4/20
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, smilingsmit, dr.rakesh Singh, DineshValke, Satish Nikam
Thanks, Singh ji, for guiding in the matter.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,00,000 images are directly displayed on 30.8.19).

J.M. Garg

Jan 5, 2020, 1:00:50 AM1/5/20
to efloraofindia, smilingsmit, GurcharanSingh, dr.rakesh Singh, DineshValke, Satish Nikam
On further scrutiny of all the posts, I take it Justicia pectinata only.

dr.rakesh Singh

Jan 5, 2020, 11:19:50 AM1/5/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, smilingsmit, GurcharanSingh, DineshValke, Satish Nikam
Yessir , Garg sir !
Multiple spikes at nodes goes against J. concinna/repens where spikes are terminal .

J.M. Garg

Jan 5, 2020, 11:30:45 AM1/5/20
to dr.rakesh Singh, efloraofindia, smilingsmit, GurcharanSingh, DineshValke, Satish Nikam
Thanks, Rakesh ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

satish nikam

Jan 9, 2020, 11:39:37 PM1/9/20
to efloraofindia
Thanks Dr.Rakesh ji and Garg ji
satish nikam
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to indian...@googlegroups.com.

J.M. Garg

Jan 11, 2020, 12:51:59 AM1/11/20
to efloraofindia, Satish Nikam, DineshValke, dr.rakesh Singh, GurcharanSingh
Taking it as Rungia parviflora var. muralis (Nees) C.B.Clarke with spikes very dense, barren bracts ovate acute hardly longer than the fertile, as per Flora of British India as per discussions in another thread at Sorting Rungia species

IMG_4274-r.jpg
IMG_4275.JPG

dr.rakesh Singh

Jan 14, 2020, 12:29:54 PM1/14/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Satish Nikam, DineshValke, GurcharanSingh
Yessir !

J.M. Garg

Jan 14, 2020, 10:10:58 PM1/14/20
to dr.rakesh Singh, efloraofindia, Satish Nikam, DineshValke, GurcharanSingh
Thanks, Rakesh ji.