J.M.Garg: Best Flora Photgraph

J.M. Garg

May 20, 2022, 12:14:18 PM5/20/22
to efloraofindia
Dear friends,
This is my first upload after a long long time (mainly because of paucity of time due to different priorities). It is Habenaria longicorniculata as I knew it from the first glance while moving on a narrow road through Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary on the way to Kemmanagundi from Chikmagalur in Oct '2013.

I requested the driver to stop the vehicle & hurriedly got down to click it. I didn't bother with anything else. I also took the pictures of the basal leaves and many other pictures from many angles, a few while almost sitting. After the photo session with this & a few other flowering herbs was over, I returned back to the vehicle. As we moved a bit I could see blood on my pants. As I looked further, I saw many leeches on my legs, shirt & on the vehicle. It was, as if, it was a great attack of leeches. I quickly removed them by heavily shaking my hands & legs one by one. Finally all of them (around six) were gone but not without leaving their temporary scars. I knew they did no long term harm. One of them was later found to have left a mark on the toes of my daughter.
It certainly was a great encounter with Habenaria longicorniculata

I really miss such adventurous moments in the wild these days.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

May 20, 2022, 12:25:29 PM5/20/22
to efloraofindia
Published on
https://efloraofindia.com/2022/05/20/j-m-garg-best-flora-photograph-to-celebrate-15-years-of-completion-of-efloraofindia-on-17-6-22/
Posted it in the efloraofindia Facebook page.
Pl. give it wide publicity in Social media, by posting it in your profile/ groups/ Instagram etc.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

May 20, 2022, 8:38:41 PM5/20/22
to efloraofindia

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

May 20, 2022, 9:35:52 PM5/20/22
to indiantreepix
A beautiful plant and wonderful memories associated, thanks for sharing this Garg Ji...

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CA%2BiuSFA_8T7aZo3zwF7c%3DFfNPW57FOYZFs%3DjvkXNczELhJ05ww%40mail.gmail.com.

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Associate Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Aarti S. Khale

May 29, 2022, 11:09:50 AM5/29/22
to eFloraofIndia
Garg Ji,
Such a delicate flower you have been able to capture beautifully.
Regards,
Aarti