Salvadora persica : Meswak : Oman : 010713 : AK-5

Aarti S. Khale

Jul 1, 2013, 11:48:00 AM7/1/13
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Recently, a picture had come up for id I think by Shobha ji.
Sharing pictures taken in Oman on 25/5/2012.
There are lots of these bushes/shrubs...I don't know what to call them along the sea shore.
Hope my pictures will explain the habit of Meswak.
There are a lot of Mangroves found here too.
Aarti
P1160433.JPG
P1160435.JPG
P1160441.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 11, 2019, 3:57:31 AM9/11/19
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale
I think it may be Salvadora persica var. angustifolia Verdc. as per distribution given herein as per varieties given in Catalogue of Life;
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).

P1160433.JPG
P1160435.JPG
P1160441.JPG

dr.rakesh Singh

Sep 11, 2019, 4:19:13 AM9/11/19
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale
Salvadora persica , no doubt . All kind of variations in habit are seen .........small bush , small tree , behaving like liana , tree with thick trunk .........this type of habit I see in areas getting inundated in high tide , otherwise dry , sandy .

Aarti S. Khale

Sep 11, 2019, 4:50:16 AM9/11/19
to efloraofindia
Thanks Garg Ji.
Regards,
Aarti

Aarti S. Khale

Sep 11, 2019, 4:51:48 AM9/11/19
to dr.rakesh Singh, efloraofindia
Rakesh Ji,
Thanks for the additional information.
Regards,
Aarti

ushadi

Sep 11, 2019, 4:54:07 AM9/11/19
to efloraofindia
that's why studying
habit and habitat

and taking their pictures to submit is soooo very important

and I keep asking for those photos

Regards
Ushadi