Swamy/New series/ID/74 -Impatience agumbaensis

M Swamy

Aug 5, 2022, 8:14:24 AM8/5/22
to efloraofindia
Dear members,
I am sending herewith the photographs of the plant for ID  clicked in  Kundadri hills, Near Shimoga,  a few years back.  I think it is Impatience agumbaensis.  Please confirm or otherwise.
M.Swamy
IMG_0081.JPG
IMG_0082.JPG
IMG_0083.JPG

Dr.Nagesh Tekale

Aug 5, 2022, 10:09:26 AM8/5/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Is,It appears to be correct.

Thanks.
Regards,
Dr. Nagesh Tekale.
President, Navdrushti.

Mahadeswara

Aug 5, 2022, 11:08:56 PM8/5/22
to eFloraofIndia
Thanks Dr. Nagesh ji for confirming the ID.

J.M. Garg

Aug 9, 2022, 2:29:45 AM8/9/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, M Swamy, Dr.Nagesh Tekale
I could not find any species with this name.
Nearest named species Impatiens agumbeana Bhaskar & Razi, look different.
It is Impatiens dasysperma Wight, as per images and details herein.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 9, 2022, 2:44:20 AM8/9/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Dr.Nagesh Tekale, M Swamy
I was also surprised that I could not find this sp. anywhere.
Thank you.
Saroj Kasaju

--
Thank you.