Swamy/New series/ID/26 - ID of the plant : Alpinia sps.

M Swamy

Jun 17, 2021, 12:01:25 AM6/17/21
to efloraofindia
Dear members,
One of my friends in Chennai has sent these pictures  for ID.   Please confirm / suggest the ID. Photographed  yesterday. My ID is Alpinia calcaratta.  Please confirm / suggest a new ID.

Alpinia calcarata.jpg
Alpinia sps (1).jpg
Alpinia sps (2).jpg
Alpinia sps (3).jpg

M Swamy

Jun 17, 2021, 12:06:28 AM6/17/21
to efloraofindia
Typo.   Correct the name as  Alpinia calcarata

Nayan Singh

Jun 17, 2021, 12:51:53 AM6/17/21
to efloraofindia
Yes I also think Alpinia calcarata.
Thanks

Nayan.
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Retd. Principal Chief Conservator of Forests
Madhya Pradesh, Bhopal India.
Mo - 7999761851

On Thursday, 17 June, 2021, 09:31:29 am IST, M Swamy <swamy...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear members,
One of my friends in Chennai has sent these pictures  for ID.   Please confirm / suggest the ID. Photographed  yesterday. My ID is Alpinia calcaratta.  Please confirm / suggest a new ID.

Mahadeswara

Jun 17, 2021, 8:15:31 AM6/17/21
to efloraofindia
Thanks Nayan ji for confirming the ID .