Swamy/New series/ID/60 Arisaema sps.

M Swamy

Apr 19, 2022, 10:08:48 AM4/19/22
to efloraofindia
Dear members,
Please ID this plant photograph received from  Chennai for ID.  Arisaema sps

UnID Chennai (2).jpg

M Swamy

Apr 19, 2022, 11:16:35 AM4/19/22
to efloraofindia
One more photo is sent herewith.
IMG-20220419-WA0066.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 19, 2022, 11:20:47 AM4/19/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, M Swamy
Arisaema jacquemontii Blume

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Apr 19, 2022, 8:56:05 PM4/19/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, M Swamy
Thanks, Saroj ji and Mahadeswara ji.
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 20, 2022, 1:19:33 PM4/20/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia, M Swamy

Thank you Mr. Garg !

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Apr 25, 2022, 6:21:17 AM4/25/22
to efloraofindia, M Swamy, Saroj Kasaju
I think it may be Arisaema tortuosum, as per images and details herein.
Looks different from images at Arisaema jacquemontii

With regards,
J.M.Garg
IMG-20220419-WA0066.jpg

Pascal Bruggeman

Apr 25, 2022, 7:04:44 AM4/25/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, M Swamy, Saroj Kasaju

When the apex of the spathe is caudate and almost filiform and the appendix is not longer than the spathe and straight it is jacquemontii. The spathe tip of tortuosum is not pointed/caudate and the appendix is sigmoidally curved (like an elephant trunk) pointing upwards. There is reference to Chennai in the thread so I am not sure where the picture is taken but if it is from S India then it is what used to be described as Arisaema wightii, now accepted as a full synonym of jacquemontii. Either way, it is jacquemontii.

Regards,

Pascal

J.M. Garg

Apr 25, 2022, 7:10:26 AM4/25/22
to Pascal Bruggeman, efloraofindia, M Swamy, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks a lot, Pascal ji
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

M Swamy

Apr 25, 2022, 7:31:53 AM4/25/22
to Pascal Bruggeman, efloraofindia
Attn. : Mr. Bruggeman ,
Dear sir,
Thanks for your mail and the info on the plant ID.    The  plant was photographed in the Himalayas during a trip by the Nature group based in Chennai.  For your kind information.
Warm Regards,
M.Swamy

J.M. Garg

Apr 25, 2022, 7:45:45 AM4/25/22
to efloraofindia, Pascal Bruggeman, M Swamy
Thanks, Mahadeswara ji.
That is what made me confused, as I did not find any observation from South India, in our site.
Pl. tell in advance.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg