Fwd: MS/9/2/2019 - ID request.

J.M. Garg

Sep 7, 2019, 10:28:49 AM9/7/19
to efloraofindia, M Swamy

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: M Swamy <swamy...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat 7 Sep, 2019, 5:56 PM
Subject: MS/9/2/2019 - ID request.
To: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>

I am sending herewith a photograph received from a friend in  Chennai.
Photograph is not clear.  Need to check the plant in the foreground.   Leaves are scented. Looks like a species of Ocimum.

IMG_20190903_102011237.jpg

J.M. Garg

Sep 7, 2019, 10:30:45 AM9/7/19
to efloraofindia, M Swamy

M Swamy

Sep 9, 2019, 12:05:34 AM9/9/19
to efloraofindia
Forwarding again for ID .
IMG_20190903_102011237.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 9, 2019, 2:58:55 AM9/9/19
to efloraindia
Orthosiphon sp. ??

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Sep 17, 2019, 11:42:58 PM9/17/19
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, M Swamy
Not Orthosiphon as per comparative images herein.
May be close to Ocimum filamentosum Forssk. as per comparative images at Ocimum

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).

J.M. Garg

Sep 18, 2019, 1:42:37 AM9/18/19
to efloraofindia