Fwd: Id requested of a twiner

J.M. Garg

Oct 13, 2019, 5:52:53 AM10/13/19
to efloraofindia, Jayanta Kumar Jena
Thanks, Jayanata ji

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Jayanta Kumar Jena <jayantakum...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 at 13:46
Subject: Id requested of a twiner
To: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>

Good afternoon Sir, requesting id of a twiner found around Tulsi plant today at Bhubaneswar,Odisha just blooming stage, gives severe itching on contact with skin, with white hairs on the leaves & stem twigs also,with regards,

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,00,000 images are directly displayed on 30.8.19).

20191013_095626.jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 13, 2019, 5:53:44 AM10/13/19
to efloraofindia, Jayanta Kumar Jena
20191013_095316.jpg
20191013_112858.jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 13, 2019, 5:54:25 AM10/13/19
to efloraofindia, Jayanta Kumar Jena
20191013_112655.jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 13, 2019, 5:55:44 AM10/13/19
to efloraofindia, Jayanta Kumar Jena
20191013_112706.jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 17, 2019, 7:21:45 AM10/17/19
to efloraofindia, Jayanta Kumar Jena

20191013_095626.jpg

ushadi

Oct 17, 2019, 9:57:54 AM10/17/19
to efloraofindia, Jayanta Kumar Jena
we can count the first picture out
its so out of focus , its not usable

and since the vine is obviously cut off the tulsi plant
it would have been nicer if you had
flattened the leaves  between some paper and taken pictures next day
with an accompanying ruler
for size and veins
and a side view against light to see if there were hairs on either surfaces ot even the twig

etc

Regards
Ushadi

Mahadeswara

Oct 18, 2019, 12:01:26 AM10/18/19
to efloraofindia

It could be a species of Tragea ( stinging nettle) climbing variety.  A wild guess.

Mahadeswara

Oct 18, 2019, 12:03:54 AM10/18/19
to efloraofindia
For  Tragea  species ID other details of flowers , fruits etc are needed.

J.M. Garg

Oct 18, 2019, 12:53:07 AM10/18/19
to efloraofindia, Jayanta Kumar Jena, M Swamy

J.M. Garg

Oct 22, 2019, 7:54:09 AM10/22/19
to efloraofindia, Jayanta Kumar Jena, M Swamy
Thanks, Mahadeswara ji, for the genus id.
To me also appears close to images and details at Tragia praetervisa

Oct 22, 2019, 7:57:17 AM10/22/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Jayanta Kumar Jena, M Swamy
Thank you Garg ji,
I also think Tragia praetervisa.