Spermacoce ocymoides?

J.M. Garg

Oct 19, 2008, 10:13:23 PM10/19/08
to indiantreepix
On 20/9/08 at KBr National Park in Hyderabad, AP. I hope the Id is correct.
Here are links: http://www.aluka.org/action/showMetadata?doi=10.5555/AL.AP.FLORA.FTEA008410&pgs= (details), http://www.hear.org/Pier/species/spermacoce_ocymoides.htm (details), http://www.aluka.org/action/showMetadata?doi=10.5555/AL.AP.SPECIMEN.FHI0096940-0&pgs= (specimen), http://www.aluka.org/action/showMetadata?doi=10.5555/AL.AP.UPWTA.4_1080&pgs= (little details),
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Spermacoce ocymoides is it- in Hyderabad, AP I2 IMG_9902.jpg
Spermacoce ocymoides is it- in Hyderabad, AP I IMG_9902.jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 31, 2009, 11:43:24 AM10/31/09
to indiantreepix

Now I feel that species in this thread has to be Spermacoce pusilla & not Spermacoce ocymoides:

FOI link for Spermacoce pusilla is below:
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Tiny%20False%20Buttonweed.html

Thanks a lot Vijayasankar ji for raising the doubts.

2008/10/20 J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

J.M. Garg

Nov 1, 2009, 12:58:28 AM11/1/09
to indiantreepix, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, Tabish, Dinesh Valke, Vijayasankar Raman, Vijayadas D, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Avinash dada, navendu page, Prashant awale
I am having further doubts of this species being even Spermacoce pusilla.
Experts pl. help.

J.M. Garg

Nov 3, 2009, 7:03:14 AM11/3/09
to indiantreepix, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, Tabish, Dinesh Valke, Vijayasankar Raman, Vijayadas D, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Avinash dada, navendu page, Prashant awale
A reply from Vijayasankar ji:
"Dear Garg ji,
This could be Mitracarpus verticillatus (doubtfully) if the dehiscence
of fruits circumscissile.
I will not be surprised, even if it turns out to be a species of
Hedyotis. It needs critical study.
Regards
Vijayasankar
FRLHT, Bangalore"

J.M. Garg

Nov 3, 2009, 7:22:59 AM11/3/09
to indiantreepix, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, Tabish, Dinesh Valke, Vijayasankar Raman, Vijayadas D, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Avinash dada, navendu page, Prashant awale
Thanks, Vijayasankar ji.
I got no pictures for Mitracarpus verticillatus on net, but detailed desc. at link: http://www.aluka.org/action/showCompilationPage?doi=10.5555/AL.AP.COMPILATION.PLANT-NAME-SPECIES.MITRACARPUS.HIRTUS
I don't think it matches with my pictures.

J.M. Garg

Nov 3, 2009, 7:44:43 AM11/3/09
to indiantreepix, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, Tabish, Dinesh Valke, Vijayasankar Raman, Vijayadas D, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Avinash dada, navendu page, Prashant awale
As per given link earlier the current name is Mitracarpus hirtus for which a few pictures available at don't match with my pictures:
http://www.hear.org/pier/scientificnames/..%5Cspecies%5Cmitracarpus_hirtus.htm

J.M. Garg

Nov 3, 2009, 7:59:06 AM11/3/09
to indiantreepix, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, Tabish, Dinesh Valke, Vijayasankar Raman, Vijayadas D, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Avinash dada, navendu page, Prashant awale

J.M. Garg

Nov 3, 2009, 12:57:46 PM11/3/09
to indiantreepix, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, Tabish, Dinesh Valke, Vijayasankar Raman, Vijayadas D, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Avinash dada, navendu page, Prashant awale
in Hyderabad, AP I IMG_0056.jpg
in Hyderabad, AP I IMG_0057.jpg
in Hyderabad, AP I IMG_0060.jpg

J.M. Garg

Nov 9, 2009, 4:05:05 AM11/9/09
to indiantreepix, Vijayasankar Raman, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, Dinesh Valke, Tabish, navendu page, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Vijayadas D, Prashant awale
Forwarding again for confirmation as Hedyotis corymbosa syn. Oldenlandia corymbosa.
in Hyderabad, AP I IMG_0056.jpg
in Hyderabad, AP I IMG_0057.jpg
in Hyderabad, AP I IMG_0060.jpg

Dr Santhosh Kumar

Nov 9, 2009, 4:21:44 AM11/9/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Vijayasankar Raman, Dinesh Valke, Tabish, navendu page, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Vijayadas D, Prashant awale
Garg Ji,

. I am going back to Kerala on 11 November 2009 and I will look into this species after a week time. Sorry for the incovenience.

Santhosh

2009/11/9 J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>

--
SANTHOSH
Dr. E.S. Santhosh Kumar

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 13, 2009, 10:29:54 PM11/13/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Nayan Singh, Dr Santhosh Kumar, J.M. Garg
Resurfacing again for ID

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor

J.M. Garg

Nov 20, 2009, 4:17:18 AM11/20/09
to indiantreepix, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, Vijayasankar Raman, Dinesh Valke, Tabish, Vijayadas D, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, navendu page, Prashant awale
Forwarding for more feedback from Santhosh ji.
in Hyderabad, AP I IMG_0056.jpg
in Hyderabad, AP I IMG_0057.jpg
in Hyderabad, AP I IMG_0060.jpg

J.M. Garg

Dec 16, 2009, 12:06:31 AM12/16/09
to indiantreepix, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, Vijayasankar Raman
Hi, Santhosh ji,
Can we have your final views on this (Hedyotis corymbosa syn. Oldenlandia corymbosa?) ?

Dec 16, 2009, 10:44:59 AM12/16/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Vijayasankar Raman
Garg Ji,
I will check it tomorrow and will offer my comments.

Santhosh

J.M. Garg

Mar 20, 2010, 1:21:44 PM3/20/10
to efloraofindia, Vijayasankar Raman, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, tanay bose, Tabish
This plant is Houstonia nigricans (Lam.) Fern [Synonym: Hedyotis
nigricans
(Lam.) Fosb.] from the family Rubiaceae as identified by Tanay ji in the thread:
http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/766a94f513d8d28a

I think it looks more close to images at Oldenlandia umbellata L.
Spermacoce ocymoides is it- in Hyderabad, AP I2 IMG_9902.jpg
Spermacoce ocymoides is it- in Hyderabad, AP I IMG_9902.jpg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Aug 18, 2019, 6:04:38 AM8/18/19
to efloraofindia
Yes, it's O. umbelata,
with best regards.

J.M. Garg

Aug 18, 2019, 6:39:13 AM8/18/19
to efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Thanks, Paradesi ji.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).