Small tree for ID Lal Bagh Bangalore-GS05022022-1

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 5, 2022, 12:55:51 AM2/5/22
to efloraofindia
Please help with the ID of this small tree, photographed from Lal Bagh Bangalore, 29-9-2015.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
IMG_5199-a.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 5, 2022, 1:17:19 AM2/5/22
to efloraofindia
Another image

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

IMG_5200.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 5, 2022, 1:18:04 AM2/5/22
to efloraofindia
one more image

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

IMG_5203.JPG

Mahadeswara

Feb 5, 2022, 6:51:01 AM2/5/22
to efloraofindia
Sir ji,
It could be : Melaleuca armillaris, (Sol. ex Gaertn.)

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 6, 2022, 3:04:52 AM2/6/22
to efloraofindia
Mahadeswara ji
Now we will have to choose between the two
M. armillaris as suggested by you
or M. bracteata, as I found later identified  in my database

M Swamy

Feb 6, 2022, 6:32:50 AM2/6/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com

J.M. Garg

Feb 6, 2022, 10:03:22 AM2/6/22
to efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, M Swamy
I think it is close to the images at Melaleuca diosmatifolia Dum.Cours.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Feb 6, 2022, 10:20:51 AM2/6/22
to efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, M Swamy

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 7, 2022, 7:15:04 AM2/7/22
to efloraofindia
Thanks Garg ji