NIYAZ AHMAD

Jul 5, 2021, 4:35:53 AM7/5/21
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
My name is Niyaz Ahmad and I am a master's Physics final year student at HINDU COLLEGE UNIVERSITY OF DELHI. And I am a resident of International Students House,
 ( Near SGTB Khalsa College University of Delhi) . And I am doing some work on Caryota trees barks . But I am confused that it is Caryota Urenus of Caryota mitis .
So, It is my humble request to plz help me to identify the correct name of the tree .Here are some photos of the tree for which I want clarification .
IMG_20210703_172823.jpg
IMG_20210310_082743.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jul 5, 2021, 4:38:03 AM7/5/21
to efloraofindia, niyaza...@gmail.com
Thanks, Niyaz ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

IMG_20210703_172823.jpg
IMG_20210310_082743.jpg

Mahadeswara

Jul 5, 2021, 7:46:06 AM7/5/21
to efloraofindia
It is better if you send better photographs and closeups of leaves, fruits etc.. for proper ID whether it is C.urens or mitis..

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Jul 5, 2021, 8:12:04 AM7/5/21
to efloraofindia
Yes, Mahadeswara Ji,
You should follow to Mahadeswara Ji guidelines, Niyaz Ji,

With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 07/05/21, 05:39:47 PM

NIYAZ AHMAD

Jul 5, 2021, 8:34:39 AM7/5/21
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your response Sir ! Here are some close picture of leafs and fruits.

IMG_20210705_180033.jpg
IMG_20210705_180048.jpg
IMG_20210705_175926.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jul 5, 2021, 8:48:02 AM7/5/21
to efloraofindia, niyaza...@gmail.com
IMG_20210705_180033.jpg
IMG_20210705_180048.jpg
IMG_20210705_175926.jpg

NIYAZ AHMAD

Jul 5, 2021, 11:23:09 PM7/5/21
to efloraofindia
dear group members plz help me in this to identify .

Promila Chaturvedi

Jul 6, 2021, 7:12:36 AM7/6/21
to indiantreepix
It seems Caryota uranus.

NIYAZ AHMAD

Jul 6, 2021, 7:38:47 AM7/6/21
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Mahadeswara

Jul 7, 2021, 12:33:37 AM7/7/21
to efloraofindia
It is difficult to pinpoint the ID .  Nevertheless compare your  your pictures at : https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/species/a---l/ar/arecaceae/caryota/caryota-urens and find out whether it matches.
Also physically check the characters of the tree posted by you.

J.M. Garg

Jul 13, 2021, 5:55:28 AM7/13/21
to efloraofindia, niyaza...@gmail.com, M Swamy, promila chaturvedi
I think it may be Caryota urens as per keys at Caryota mitis:
Leaves double pinnate
            Stem single….          Caryota urens
            Stem clustered….     Caryota mitis

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

M Swamy

Jul 13, 2021, 8:24:02 AM7/13/21
to efloraofindia
 Simple key to differentiate these two species. Great Garg ji !

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CA%2BiuSFCsZrPu7Caymz4N30imVJ1sDg%2BwQTAgXjhPzavQwYrJLg%40mail.gmail.com.