A study of Ixora

Sushmita Jha

Apr 21, 2009, 2:23:21 AM4/21/09
to indiantreepix
Dear all,

the Ixora debate of last week remained inconclusive. Today, I took a photo of the full plant which is now in full bloom, in the hope that it is more identifiable.

I am also posting pictures of similar Ixora (A & B) flowering in my neighbourhood and from my observation of the leaves, they are smaller (mine are longer, darker). Also the shape of the Ixora plants in the neighbourhood are very different from mine. I am wondering therefore whether mine is indeed the Torch Tree. Also, are Ixoras A & B the same?

Would be great to have your views and confirmation. I may have exceeded my quota for today for which I hope I will be forgiven.

Thank you.
Sushmita Jha
UNIDed Ixora-Home, CRPark-21Apr09 .jpg
Ixora-A, CRPark-14Apr09 .jpg
Ixora-A flower closeup, CRPark-14Apr09 .jpg
Ixora-B, CRPark-14Apr09 .jpg
Ixora-B flower closeup, CRPark-14Apr09 .jpg

J.M. Garg

Apr 21, 2009, 3:30:45 AM4/21/09
to Sushmita Jha, indiantreepix
I am also keen to know the final Id.

Pravin Kawale

Apr 21, 2009, 7:14:55 AM4/21/09
to Sushmita Jha, indiantreepix
Hi,
Here in Kokan region it's local
Marathi name is
Jindagi and commonly seen in coconut
farms(wadi)
May be Ixora parviflora
Thanks
--
Pravin

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 10, 2021, 6:59:08 AM1/10/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding again for ID
Distributed as  Ixora pavetta ?
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 10, 2021, 7:38:24 AM1/10/21
to efloraindia, Sushmita Jha
Yes!
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 10, 2021, 9:44:28 AM1/10/21
to efloraofindia, Sushmita Jha
Thanks Saroj ji

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Mob: 9810359089

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CAEf%3DytThso_4k32NkJdvM0BEFpU2-LNK29u9ZccUi5sPFr4mhQ%40mail.gmail.com.

J.M. Garg

Jan 16, 2021, 2:02:19 AM1/16/21
to efloraofindia, Sushmita Jha, Saroj Kasaju, GurcharanSingh
Not Ixora pavetta as per images and detail herein.
Appears close to Ixora finlaysoniana Wall. ex G.Don as per comparative images at Ixora

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg