Id please

L. Rasingam

Jul 21, 2010, 8:32:35 AM7/21/10
to efloraofindia
Is it Atalantia racemosa?

Location: Geddesal (Sathy)
Altitude: 1300m
Forest type: sholas
Habit: small, thorny tree.

Regards
L.Rasingam

Atalantia racemosa.JPG

Muthu Karthick

Jul 21, 2010, 8:36:25 AM7/21/10
to L. Rasingam, efloraofindia

Leaves looks more like Atalantia monophylla, sir.
--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow

tanay bose

Jul 21, 2010, 9:03:09 AM7/21/10
to Muthu Karthick, L. Rasingam, efloraofindia
Atalantia monophylla commonly known as Indian Atlantia
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

L. Rasingam

Jul 22, 2010, 12:13:29 AM7/22/10
to tanay bose, Muthu Karthick, efloraofindia
Dear Muthu & Tanay Ji,
Thanks for the ID.
But the plant have regularly lobed calyx and growing on the high altitude areas (above 1000m).

Regards
L.Rasingam

L. Rasingam

Jul 22, 2010, 7:26:37 AM7/22/10
to efloraofindia
Pl. identify the plant -Asteraceae??

Location: Geddesal (sathy)
Altitude: 1200m
Habitat: Grasslands
Habit: Herb
Inflorescence: Terminal

Regards
L.Rasingam
DSCN9893.JPG

Ritesh Choudhary

Jul 22, 2010, 7:25:05 PM7/22/10
to efloraofindia
Gnaphalium sp.??

Ritesh.
>  DSCN9893.JPG
> 314KViewDownload

L. Rasingam

Jul 27, 2010, 6:27:44 AM7/27/10
to efloraofindia
Dear Friends

Pl. indentify the Polygala sp.
Locality -Dhimbam Ghats (1300m)
habitat: Open grasslands
habit: herb

Regards
L.Rasingam

Polygala sp..JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 1, 2010, 11:08:39 AM9/1/10
to efloraofindia, L. Rasingam, Vijayasankar Raman, Muthu Karthick
Resurfacing again for ID

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Polygala sp..JPG

Vijayasankar

Sep 1, 2010, 11:45:43 AM9/1/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, L. Rasingam, Muthu Karthick
I think it is Polygala javana.

With regards

Vijayasankar

J.M. Garg

Sep 11, 2010, 4:58:22 AM9/11/10
to efloraofindia, L. Rasingam, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Earlier relevant feedback:

Gnaphalium sp.??

Ritesh.”

to efloraofindia, L. Rasingam, Vijayasankar Raman
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback

Vijayasankar ji.................................................I think it is Polygala javana.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Oct 11, 2010, 7:32:27 PM10/11/10
to efloraofindia, L. Rasingam, Ritesh Choudhary

Resurfacing  again for Id confirmation

Earlier relevant

Ritesh ji.........................................................................“Gnaphalium sp.??

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Jan 31, 2019, 1:14:08 AM1/31/19
to efloraofindia, Vijayasankar Raman, Rasingam L.
To me appears close to images at Polygala crotalarioides Buch.-Ham. ex DC.
Polygala sp..JPG

JM Garg

Jun 13, 2020, 7:12:32 AM6/13/20
to efloraofindia, Vijayasankar Raman, Rasingam L.
On further checking, it is Polygala javana only.

On Tuesday, 27 July 2010 15:57:44 UTC+5:30, L. Rasingam wrote:
Polygala sp..JPG

JM Garg

Sep 23, 2020, 5:44:58 AM9/23/20
to efloraofindia
Taking it Atalantia racemosa Wight ex Hook. as Rasingam ji stated that the plant have regularly lobed calyx.

J.M. Garg

Sep 23, 2020, 6:54:29 AM9/23/20
to efloraofindia
It may be Atalantia wightii Tanaka, berry is ellipsoid as per Kerala Plants.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

JM Garg

Sep 23, 2020, 6:54:31 AM9/23/20
to efloraofindia

On Wednesday, 21 July 2010 18:02:35 UTC+5:30, L. Rasingam wrote:
Atalantia racemosa.JPG

JM Garg

Sep 23, 2020, 6:55:42 AM9/23/20
to efloraofindia, Rasingam L.
It may be Atalantia wightii Tanaka, berry is ellipsoid as per Kerala Plants.

On Wednesday, 21 July 2010 18:02:35 UTC+5:30, L. Rasingam wrote:
Atalantia racemosa.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 25, 2020, 3:02:12 AM9/25/20
to efloraofindia
Hi, Navendu ji,
May I request you to pl. confirm this as Atalantia wightii Tanaka or otherwise as per GBIF- Specimen.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Sep 25, 2020, 3:03:49 AM9/25/20
to efloraofindia, navendu page
Hi, Navendu ji,
May I request you to pl. confirm this as Atalantia wightii Tanaka or otherwise as per GBIF- Specimen.

Sep 25, 2020, 7:37:45 AM9/25/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
I am not sure but based on elevation and habit its most likely to be Atalantia wightii

Navendu
--
Navendu Page

Scientist-C