Tree id_190520_Bavdhan hill

Ashwini Kelkar

May 19, 2020, 11:35:23 AM5/19/20
to efloraofindia
Id please .. of a medium size tree, found At Bavdhan Hill (Pune, Maharashtra).
Fruits were seen, no flowers.
Thanks,
Ashwini
Bavdhan_190520_1.JPG
Bavdhan_190520_2.JPG

Ashwini Kelkar

May 19, 2020, 12:08:45 PM5/19/20
to efloraofindia
Is this Miliusa momentos (Annonaceae)??

Ashwini Kelkar

May 19, 2020, 12:09:52 PM5/19/20
to efloraofindia
Sorry...Typo
Miliusa tomentosa??

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

May 19, 2020, 10:02:05 PM5/19/20
to efloraofindia
 Sorry, maam check again and post with clear information, what you sent pics both are individual sp., not belong to one sp.first pic. has a compound lea and the second one is a simple leaf what you sent Miliusa,
With kind regards.

On Tue, 19 May 2020 at 21:39, Ashwini Kelkar <aary...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sorry...Typo
Miliusa tomentosa??

Ashwini Kelkar

May 20, 2020, 2:31:04 AM5/20/20
to efloraofindia
Yes, I checked today. these are two different trees.
Attaching photographs of fruits of the one with compound leaves.
The other one with simple leaves is probably Miliusa tomentosa.
Thanks for correcting.
with regards
Ashwini

On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 7:32:05 AM UTC+5:30, Paradesi Anjaneyulu wrote:
 Sorry, maam check again and post with clear information, what you sent pics both are individual sp., not belong to one sp.first pic. has a compound lea and the second one is a simple leaf what you sent Miliusa,
With kind regards.

On Tue, 19 May 2020 at 21:39, Ashwini Kelkar <aary...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sorry...Typo
Miliusa tomentosa??

20200520_unknown 1.1.jpg
20200520-unknown 1.2.jpg

Mahadeswara

May 20, 2020, 2:41:50 AM5/20/20
to efloraofindia
There is utter confusion.  Please post this new plant pictures in a separate posting.  However looking at the fruits and leaves it could be a species of Cordia ???

J.M. Garg

May 25, 2020, 2:48:35 AM5/25/20
to efloraofindia, ashwini kelkar, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
No Ashwini ji.
None of them is Miliusa tomentosa (Roxb.) J.Sinclair as per images and details herein.

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/c40615df-4450-4d2f-aa1f-ab878215b6e8%40googlegroups.com.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,50,000 images are directly displayed on 31.1.20).

J.M. Garg

May 25, 2020, 3:04:28 AM5/25/20
to efloraofindia, ashwini kelkar, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
On further scrutiny, I found only Bavdhan_190520_2.JPG is of Miliusa tomentosa (Roxb.) J.Sinclair as per images and details herein.

Bavdhan_190520_2.JPG

Satish Phadke

May 26, 2020, 12:48:10 PM5/26/20
to indiantreepix, ashwini kelkar, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
I don't think Miliosa is reported from Pune. Please keep follow up to find the trimerous flowers. Take photographs of leaves and fruits clearly

Dr Satish Phadke

Ashwini Kelkar

May 27, 2020, 12:52:41 AM5/27/20
to efloraofindia
Hello Satishji,
uploading some fresh pics taken today at Bavdhan hill, of the same tree as in 'Bavdhan_190520_2.JPG' from my earlier post.
Many such trees are found on the hill. Even found a cluster of around 11 such trees on the slopes.
Please confirm the id.
Thanks and regards
Ashwini Kelkar

On Mon, 25 May 2020 at 12:34, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
On further scrutiny, I found only Bavdhan_190520_2.JPG is of Miliusa tomentosa (Roxb.) J.Sinclair as per images and details herein.

Id please .. of a medium size tree, found At Bavdhan Hill (Pune, Maharashtra).
Fruits were seen, no flowers.
Thanks,
Ashwini

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,50,000 images are directly displayed on 31.1.20).

Bavdhn_270520_1.JPG
Bavdhn_270520_2.JPG
Bavdhn_270520_3.JPG
Bavdhn_270520_4.JPG
Bavdhn_270520_5.JPG
Bavdhn_270520_6.JPG
Bavdhn_270520_7.JPG
Bavdhn_270520_8.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jun 1, 2020, 7:28:34 AM6/1/20
to efloraofindia, Satish Phadke, ashwini kelkar
I will go for Miliusa tomentosa only.

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/86241890-c76b-4fb6-b78b-7529c3d93ea7%40googlegroups.com.

radha veach

Jun 2, 2020, 8:13:13 AM6/2/20
to efloraofindia
It is definitely Miliusa tomentosa

regards
Radha

J.M. Garg

Jun 2, 2020, 10:14:46 AM6/2/20
to efloraofindia, radha veach, ashwini kelkar, Satish Phadke
Thanks, Radha ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg