ID request-161010-PKA3

Prashant awale

Oct 16, 2010, 1:16:35 AM10/16/10
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,
This is a climber from Manali.

Date/Time: 25-09-2010 / 17:00 hrs
Location: Manali
Habitat:Wild
Plant Habit: Climber

regards
Prashant
IMG_1069.jpg
IMG_1070.jpg
IMG_1069-l1.jpg

Ritesh Choudhary

Oct 16, 2010, 5:44:41 AM10/16/10
to efloraofindia
Dear Prashantji,

Again Polygonaceae!! This is Fallopia sp.

Regards,
Ritesh.
>  IMG_1069.jpg
> 169KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_1070.jpg
> 196KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_1069-l1.jpg
> 206KViewDownload

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 17, 2010, 2:25:58 PM10/17/10
to Ritesh Choudhary, efloraofindia
I thought Rumex dentatus please

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 18, 2010, 1:12:00 AM10/18/10
to Prashant awale, efloraofindia

Yes Prashant ji
If it is a climber it is Fallopia and not Rumex.
Dentate wings suggest F. dentatoalata.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 9:53 PM, Prashant awale <pka...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Gurcharan Singh ji,

I checked up yr post on FOI site and and i feel my plant is different.  I think Rumex d. is the herb where as my plant is a climber. Secondly the leaves of Rumex d. are also not matching the one i had seen.

Thanks
regards
Prashant

Prashant awale

Oct 18, 2010, 4:48:55 AM10/18/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Dr. Ritesh Kumar Chouodhary ji has also identified this Fallopia dentatoalata (F. Schmidt) Holub.

Thanks a lot Dr Gurcharan Singh ji & Dr. Ritesh Kumar Chouodhary ji for the ID.
regards
Prashant

JM Garg

Feb 25, 2022, 1:13:23 AM2/25/22
to Prashant awale, efloraofindia, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, GurcharanSingh
This is Fallopia dumetorum as per images and references herein.
Looks different from Fallopia dentatoalata (F.Schmidt) Holub as per POWO and keys in Flora of Pakistan
IMG_1069.jpg
IMG_1070.jpg
IMG_1069-l1.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 27, 2022, 11:36:36 PM2/27/22
to efloraofindia
Garg ji
The images you are referring to from Kalatope for me also belong to F. dentatoalata

Fruiting wings rounded at base. Nuts 2.5-3.0 mm long.  2 F. dumetorum
+ Fruiting wings cuneately decurrent at the base. Nuts c. 5 mm long. 3 F. dentato-alata

J.M. Garg

Mar 4, 2022, 4:51:03 AM3/4/22
to efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh
Thanks, Singh ji,
You are right.
I got confused by FoP illustration and no distribution of F. dentatoalata in India as per FoP, FoC and BSI Flora of India.
I think keys are better in Flora of China.
POWO gives distribution of F. dentatoalata in West Himalaya.

With regards,
J.M.Garg