Fw: Huge and beautiful Bakul tree (Mimusops elengi) - Near Anshi

Raptor Conservation

Aug 13, 2011, 6:11:14 AM8/13/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com

--- On Sat, 13/8/11, Raptor Conservation <raptorc...@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Raptor Conservation <raptorc...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Huge and beautiful Bakul tree (Mimusops elengi) - Near Anshi
To: indian...@googlegroups.com
Date: Saturday, 13 August, 2011, 2:58 PM

Hi all,

I was amazed find this huge Bakul tree near Anshi.

Best regards,
Dr.Pranay Rao Juvvadi,
General Secretary, Raptor Conservation Foundation,
1-10-63/4, Chikoti Gardens , Begumpet,
Hyderabad-500 016,
Andhra Pradesh, India .
Mobile No: (091) 9866978785
Email: raptorc...@yahoo.com

Mimusops elengi 1.jpg
Mimusops elengi 2.jpg
Mimusops elengi 3.jpg
Mimusops elengi 4.jpg
Mimusops elengi 5.jpg

H S

Aug 14, 2011, 9:26:18 AM8/14/11
to Raptor Conservation, indian...@googlegroups.com

If Bakul than yes its amazing, but picture here is not clear,  pls also upload closeup photos of leaves...

regards,
--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

Ushadi micromini

Aug 14, 2011, 2:52:11 PM8/14/11
to efloraofindia

Agree with HS...
Please do so...
Usha di

======
On Aug 14, 6:26 pm, H S <hemsan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If Bakul than yes its amazing, but picture here is not clear,  pls also
> upload closeup photos of leaves...
>
> regards,
>
> On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 3:41 PM, Raptor Conservation <

Raptor Conservation

Aug 15, 2011, 10:01:18 AM8/15/11
to H S, indian...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

Sorry for not following the guidlines.... I'm new, so please excuse me.

Date/Time - May 2011 12.00 pm

Location - Anshi National Park

Habitat- Wild

Plant Habit- Tree

Height - 20-25 meters

Leaves - Simple, alternate, elliptic, glabrous and deep glossy green in colour

I'm attaching a picture of the leaves, but I don't have macro shots of the leaves.

Best regards,
Dr.Pranay Rao Juvvadi,
General Secretary, Raptor Conservation Foundation,
1-10-63/4, Chikoti Gardens , Begumpet,
Hyderabad-500 016,
Andhra Pradesh, India .
Mobile No: (091) 9866978785

If Bakul than yes its amazing, but picture here is not clear,  pls also upload closeup photos of leaves...

regards,

Smilax004

Aug 18, 2011, 7:52:01 AM8/18/11
to Raptor Conservation, H S, ushadi Micromini, indiantreepix
Although the pictures are nice, no characters are clear to reach a
conclusion the only hint from the pictures is the bark.
But, if you can get one or two leaves or a branch as a closeup shot,
things would be much easy. I can imagine the height from the picture,
but as I have mentioned in a previous mail please try collect pictures
from the ground and match it with the same on the tree with the aid of
a binocular or a zoomed picture and take a closeup shot.

Regards
Giby

On Aug 15, 7:01 pm, Raptor Conservation <raptorconse...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Sorry for not following the guidlines.... I'm new, so please excuse me.
>

> Date/Time - May 2011 12.00 pm
> Location - Anshi National Park
> Habitat- Wild
> Plant Habit- Tree
> Height - 20-25 meters
> Leaves - Simple, alternate, elliptic, glabrous and deep glossy green in colour
>

> I'm attaching a picture of the leaves, but I don't have macro shots of the leaves.
>
> Best regards,
> Dr.Pranay Rao Juvvadi,
> General Secretary, Raptor Conservation Foundation,
> 1-10-63/4, Chikoti Gardens , Begumpet,
> Hyderabad-500 016,
> Andhra Pradesh, India .
> Mobile No: (091) 9866978785

> Email: raptorconse...@yahoo.com

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 3, 2021, 6:53:59 AM1/3/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding again for ID confirmation
Distributed as  Mimusops elengi ?
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 3, 2021, 6:56:27 AM1/3/21
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Forwarding again for ID confirmation
Distributed as  Mimusops elengi ?
Group discussion at
Mimusops elengi 1.jpg
Mimusops elengi 2.jpg
Mimusops elengi 3.jpg
Mimusops elengi 4.jpg
Mimusops elengi 5.jpg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Jan 3, 2021, 9:40:37 AM1/3/21
to efloraofindia
Without close-ups, its matched with stem bark, Canopy, Leaves undulations,
With regards.

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 3, 2021, 9:42:56 AM1/3/21
to efloraofindia
Thanks Paradesi ji.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Mob: 9810359089

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CAPTGuvHJTbgOY%2B5zE-fxd0NMzYyT6dmFwUinFUcaW5h6kOP9MA%40mail.gmail.com.

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 8, 2021, 2:39:30 AM1/8/21
to efloraofindia