unid-TQ09

Tabish

Apr 9, 2011, 2:28:27 AM4/9/11
to Efloraofindia
Please identify this cactus with amazingly beautiful flowers.
- Tabish
TQ-cact09-a.jpg
TQ-cact09-b.jpg

tanay bose

Apr 11, 2011, 9:50:42 PM4/11/11
to Tabish, Efloraofindia
Hi Tabish Ji,
Is this some cultivar of Mammillaria lindsayi?

Regards
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Tabish

Apr 11, 2011, 10:59:55 PM4/11/11
to tanay bose, Efloraofindia
Hmm.... doesn't look close enough. I am not good at cacti, so can't be sure too.
- Tabish

J.M. Garg

Jul 30, 2011, 9:49:56 AM7/30/11
to efloraofindia, Tabish, tanay bose

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Is this some cultivar of Mammillaria lindsayi?

Regards
Tanay”

“Hmm.... doesn't look close enough. I am not good at cacti, so can't be sure too.
  - Tabish”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1630 members & 73,000 messages on 30/6/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5000 species)

TQ-cact09-a.jpg
TQ-cact09-b.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 23, 2011, 12:19:32 AM9/23/11
to efloraofindia, Tabish, TANAY BOSE, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Balkar Arya, Mahadeswara

Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Is this some cultivar of Mammillaria lindsayi?

Regards
Tanay”

“Hmm.... doesn't look close enough. I am not good at cacti, so can't be sure too.
  - Tabish”

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Sep 23, 2011, 12:27:55 AM9/23/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Tabish, TANAY BOSE, Balkar Arya, Mahadeswara
Yes a cacti may be Mammillaria grahamii or its hybrid.

I had it in my garden. Very interesting in the sense, the spines were
hooked and hence if it gets stuck on anything, it used to break off
the mother plant. May be a kind of vegetative dispersal.

Pankaj

"Taxonomists getting Extinct and Species Data Deficient !!"

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Conservation Officer

Office:
Flora Conservation Department
Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG) Corporation
Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong.

Residence:
36B, Ng Tung Chai, Lam Tseun
Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong.

email: pku...@kbfg.org
       sahani...@gmail.com
       pankaj...@rediffmail.com
Phone: +852 2483 7128 (office - 8:30am to 5:30pm)
       +852 9436 6251; +852 5431 6094 (mobile)

Tabish

Sep 23, 2011, 2:17:35 AM9/23/11
to efloraofindia
Mammillaria grahamii has pink flowers. Many Mammillaria species have
been suggested for this plant, but did not agree well enough.
- Tabish
>        sahanipan...@gmail.com
>        pankajsah...@rediffmail.com

Saroj Kumar Kasaju

Jan 2, 2021, 7:45:37 AM1/2/21
to efloraofindia
Mammillaria beneckei Ehrenb.
Thank you
Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jan 2, 2021, 10:07:31 AM1/2/21
to efloraofindia, Tabish, Saroj Kasaju

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 18, 2021, 1:59:49 AM7/18/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Mammillaria species ?
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 18, 2021, 2:01:11 AM7/18/21
to indiantreepix, Tabish Qureshi
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Mammillaria species ?
Group discussion at

TQ-cact09-a.jpg
TQ-cact09-b.jpg

Tabish

Jul 19, 2021, 9:58:37 AM7/19/21
to efloraofindia
Mammillaria beneckei Ehrenb. is the right id, in my view.
  Tabish

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 22, 2021, 2:01:52 AM7/22/21
to efloraofindia