Primula from Arunchal Pradesh

Tabish

Mar 28, 2022, 5:38:30 AM3/28/22
to efloraofindia
This Primula species was found at Bum La Pass, Arunachal Pradesh, at an altitude of 4,600 m. I had earlier assumed it to be Primula primulina, but that doesn't look like the right ID. Primula minutissima has also been suggested, but since there is a distinct flowering stem seen in the pictures, that doesn't seem to be the right id either.
  Any suggestions are welcome.
   Tabish
Primula-tawang-c.jpg
Primula-tawang-a.jpg
Primula-tawang-d.jpg
Primula-tawang-e.jpg
Primula-tawang-b.jpg
Primula-tawang-f.jpg

J.M. Garg

Mar 28, 2022, 5:42:05 AM3/28/22
to efloraofindia, Tabish
Thanks, Tabish ji.
With these additional images, Dr. John may be able to help us better.

With regards,
J.M.Garg
Primula-tawang-c.jpg
Primula-tawang-a.jpg
Primula-tawang-d.jpg
Primula-tawang-e.jpg
Primula-tawang-b.jpg
Primula-tawang-f.jpg

Tabish

Mar 28, 2022, 6:05:40 AM3/28/22
to efloraofindia
I am adding one more picture. I think the leaves seen in the other plants around it, may be the same species.
  Tabish
Primula-tawang-g.jpg

J.M. Garg

Mar 28, 2022, 6:16:19 AM3/28/22
to efloraofindia, Tabish, hightreesgarden
Thanks, Tabish ji

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Mar 28, 2022, 6:43:09 AM3/28/22
to efloraofindia, Tabish
Thanks a lot, John ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Thank you. I had not realised before that these pictures come from Arunachal Pradesh, so P. minutissima from extreme NW India, Baltistan etc is not possible. Unfortunately the leaves are not in focus. I suspect this may be P. walshii but I need to see scabridity. There is also the question whether flower colour is correctly reproduced. The flowers of P. walshii are pink. I think we cannot identify this plant without better pictures, my apologies. John

With these additional images, Dr. John may be able to help us better.

Tabish

Mar 28, 2022, 10:59:59 AM3/28/22
to efloraofindia
Primula walshii is also a virtually stemless plant during flowering. This plant has a distinct flowering stem.
   Tabish

Tabish

Mar 28, 2022, 1:36:23 PM3/28/22
to efloraofindia

J.M. Garg

Mar 28, 2022, 8:44:23 PM3/28/22
to efloraofindia, Tabish
Thanks, Tabish ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Mar 29, 2022, 1:45:02 PM3/29/22
to efloraofindia, Tabish
Thanks a lot, John ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

No it is not P. stenocalyx, a Chinese species I have seen in the wild and know well. John

J.M. Garg

Apr 4, 2022, 5:44:57 AM4/4/22
to efloraofindia, Tabish

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Thank you. I had not realised before that these pictures come from Arunachal Pradesh, so P. minutissima from extreme NW India, Baltistan etc is not possible. Unfortunately the leaves are not in focus. I suspect this may be P. walshii but I need to see scabridity. There is also the question whether flower colour is correctly reproduced. The flowers of P. walshii are pink. I think we cannot identify this plant without better pictures, my apologies.
John

Primula walshii is also a virtually stemless plant during flowering. This plant has a distinct flowering stem.

   Tabish

The best match I could get is Primula stenocalyx