Names of Plants in India :: Angelonia salicariifolia Humb. & Bonpl.

Dinesh Valke

Dec 25, 2012, 6:01:16 AM12/25/12
to efloraofindia
via Species‎ > ‎A‎ > ‎

Angelonia salicariifolia Humb. & Bonpl. ... family: Plantaginaceae, also placed in Scrophulariaceae

Angelonia salicariifolia Humb. & Bonpl.

Flowers of India Discussions at efloraofindia more views in flickr more views on Google Earth

angel-on-ee-a -- derived from South American name for the plant, Angelon ... Dave's Botanary
sa-lih-kar-ee-FOH-lee-uh -- bearing leaves like that of willow ... Dave's Botanary

commonly known as: granny's bonnets, willowleaf angelonia

botanical names: Angelonia salicariifolia Humb. & Bonpl. ... synonyms: no synonym known

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Photographed at Mavingundi, Karnataka on 16 DEC 12
Many thanks to Shrikant ji for the ID.

Regards.
Dinesh

Ushadi Micromini

Dec 25, 2012, 7:12:43 AM12/25/12
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
how pretty, Dinesh
How big is this plant and hence its flowers?

is it an underbrush type herb?
usha di

Usha di
===========

Dinesh Valke

Dec 25, 2012, 1:31:35 PM12/25/12
to Ushadi Micromini, efloraofindia
Usha di, the plant is about 3 ft high, and flower about 2 cm across. Native of tropical South America; not sure when it was introduced (as garden ornamental) in our country - now it has naturalized. From what I saw - it grows gregariously along road-sides and clearings.
Regards.
Dinesh

Satish Phadke

Dec 27, 2012, 9:51:30 AM12/27/12
to Dinesh Valke, Ushadi Micromini, efloraofindia
Very nice.

Dr Satish Phadke

Dinesh Valke

Jul 15, 2021, 11:27:03 AM7/15/21
to efloraofindia
Names updated in Blogger ...

Dinesh Valke

Jul 15, 2021, 11:29:25 AM7/15/21
to efloraofindia

Angelonia salicariifolia Humb. & Bonpl.

Angelonia salicariifolia Humb. & Bonpl.

angel-on-ee-a -- derived from South American name for the plant, Angelon ... Dave's Botanary
sa-lih-kar-ee-FOH-lee-uh -- bearing leaves like that of willow ... Dave's Botanary

commonly known as: granny's bonnets, willowleaf angelon

botanical names: Angelonia salicariifolia Humb. & Bonpl. ... synonyms: Angelonia evitae Descole & Borsini • Angelonia hirta Cham. • Angelonia leandrii J.Kickx • Physidium gardneri G.Nicholson • Thylacantha campestris Mart. ... GBIF
Bibliography / etymology
~~~~~ ENGLISH ~~~~~
granny's bonnets
willowleaf angelon
~~~~~ x ~~~~~

Mahadeswara

Jul 16, 2021, 1:12:03 AM7/16/21
to efloraofindia
It is a garden plant used for flower beds.  I  had an opportunity to grow  this in my institutional garden. Of course long back.

Dinesh Valke

Jul 16, 2021, 3:17:51 AM7/16/21
to efloraofindia
Thanks Mahadeswara ji.
Regards.
Dinesh

Dinesh Valke

Aug 10, 2022, 2:15:22 AM8/10/22
to eFloraofIndia

Dinesh Valke

Aug 10, 2022, 2:19:59 AM8/10/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Photograph changed; earlier one identified at iNaturalist by Víctor de Paiva, to be of Angelonia biflora Benth.

Angelonia salicariifolia Humb. & Bonpl.

Angelonia salicariifolia Humb. & Bonpl.

angel-on-ee-a -- derived from South American name for the plant, Angelon ... Dave's Botanary
sa-lih-kar-ee-FOH-lee-uh -- bearing leaves like that of willow ... Dave's Botanary

commonly known as: granny's bonnets, willowleaf angelon

botanical names: Angelonia salicariifolia Humb. & Bonpl. ... synonyms: Angelonia evitae Descole & Borsini • Angelonia hirta Cham. • Angelonia leandrii J.Kickx • Physidium gardneri G.Nicholson • Thylacantha campestris Mart. ... GBIF
Bibliography / etymology
~~~~~ ENGLISH ~~~~~
granny's bonnets
willowleaf angelon
~~~~~ x ~~~~~
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "eFloraofIndia" group.

J.M. Garg

Aug 10, 2022, 4:30:01 AM8/10/22
to efloraofindia, DineshValke
Thanks, Dinesh ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Aug 13, 2022, 3:59:38 AM8/13/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, DineshValke
How to differentiate between the two?

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CABSQqC0K_Q734%2BCg1ysFzys%2BM_LEfcv7z6zm%3DaYa%2BEU0C%2BrLPw%40mail.gmail.com.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Dinesh Valke

Aug 13, 2022, 11:53:01 AM8/13/22
to J.M. Garg, indian...@googlegroups.com
Víctor de Paiva's comment in my observation at iNaturalist:
The difference is in the leaves next to the flowers. Angelonia salicariifolia has ovate leaves and Angelonia biflora has lanceolate leaves.

Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Aug 13, 2022, 9:23:57 PM8/13/22