Sida rhombifolia ?

J.M. Garg

Nov 5, 2009, 10:10:15 PM11/5/09
to indiantreepix

On 11/10/09 in Ananthagiri HIll forest in Rangareddy district of Andhra Pradesh.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Sida rhombifolia is it I IMG_2863.jpg
Sida rhombifolia is it I IMG_2864.jpg
Sida rhombifolia is it I IMG_2867.jpg

Dr Santhosh Kumar

Nov 6, 2009, 3:34:13 AM11/6/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Garg Ji

I think this represents Sida rhomboidea not S.rhombifolia. I will send you all the pictures of S.rhombifolia, S.rhomboidea, S.alnifolia when  I reach to India.

Santhosh

2009/11/6 J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala
India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 6, 2009, 7:50:24 AM11/6/09
to Dr Santhosh Kumar, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Pankaj ji
It would be interesting if Sida rhomboidea Roxb. is distinct from S. rhombifolia L. I found it as synonym of S. rhombifolia in Index Kewensis.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College
University of Delhi, Delhi
India
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45

J.M. Garg

Nov 6, 2009, 1:03:19 PM11/6/09
to Gurcharan Singh, Dr Santhosh Kumar, indiantreepix

Dr Santhosh Kumar

Nov 7, 2009, 10:15:58 AM11/7/09
to Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
The complex of Sida rhombifolia being worked out by Dr AK Pradeep and Prof. VV Sivarajan and they distinguished 4 species out of this complex viz. S. rhombifolia, S.rhomboidea, S. alnifolia and S. scabrida.You can get the information from Malavaceae of Peninsular India by Prof Sivarajan &Dr AK Pradeep.

There is another Sida (S. unicornis) reported by me from from India which is apparently similar to Sida rhombifolia but distinguished by its single awn mericarp (whereas the S. rhombifolia having 2 awned mericarp). Sida unicronis was previously described from Mascarene Islands.

I will back with more information when I back to India.

Regards

Santhosh

2009/11/6 Gurcharan Singh <sin...@sify.com>
Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute, Palode
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala
India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com

J.M. Garg

Nov 20, 2009, 4:15:01 AM11/20/09
to indiantreepix, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, Gurcharan Singh-sify
Forwarding for more feedback from Santhosh ji.

2009/11/6 Gurcharan Singh <sin...@sify.com>
Pankaj ji

SANTHOSH
Dr. E.S. Santhosh Kumar

Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute, Palode
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala
India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Rajesh Sachdev

Nov 20, 2009, 4:42:39 AM11/20/09
to indiantreepix
Is it also the same one, photographed  at Yamuna pool, 8000 ft level SML, Dehradun on 7th Nov.,09.

2009/11/20 J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>

PB070019.jpg

J.M. Garg

Nov 20, 2009, 5:21:34 AM11/20/09
to Rajesh Sachdev, indiantreepix
Hi, Rajesh flowers of most of the Sida species appear same- other views & aspects are required.

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 9, 2021, 8:17:50 AM4/9/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Sida rhombifolia ?
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 9, 2021, 8:18:46 AM4/9/21
to Dr. Santhosh Kumar, indiantreepix
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Sida rhombifolia ?
Group discussion at

Apr 9, 2021, 9:29:33 AM4/9/21
to efloraindia, Dr. Santhosh Kumar
  • Sida rhombifolia L. I guess!

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Apr 14, 2021, 4:26:56 AM4/14/21
to efloraofindia, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, Saroj Kasaju, GurcharanSingh
Yes, appears close to images at Sida rhombifolia L.
POWO treats Sida rhomboidea Roxb. as a syn.of it.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 16, 2021, 9:02:07 AM4/16/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, GurcharanSingh

Thank you Mr.Garg !

Saroj Kasaju