Cultivated crop from Paddar valley

Suresh Kumar Rana

Feb 25, 2012, 6:27:39 AM2/25/12

Feb 25, 2012, 10:23:26 AM2/25/12

> --
> Warm regards
> Suresh Rana
>
>  Amaranthus caudatus.JPG
> 419KViewDownload

Dinesh Valke

Feb 6, 2013, 11:01:09 AM2/6/13
to Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
Many thanks Suresh ji for this upload too.
caudatus and cruentus seem to be getting close for me.
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Feb 9, 2013, 8:29:56 AM2/9/13
to efloraofindia, sing...@gmail.com, tab...@gmail.com, amit...@gmail.com, prajn...@gmail.com, mithuc...@gmail.com, envsu...@gmail.com, drpur...@gmail.com, kisha...@rediffmail.com, anz...@gmail.com, pka...@gmail.com, Dinesh Valke, Nidhan Singh, Balkar Singh

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Many thanks Suresh ji for this upload too.
caudatus and cruentus seem to be getting close for me.
Regards.

Dinesh

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Feb 14, 2013, 7:50:24 AM2/14/13
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, sing...@gmail.com, aarti...@gmail.com, balka...@gmail.com, dinesh...@gmail.com, nidhans...@gmail.com, surajitno...@gmail.com, pka...@gmail.com, drdsrawat...@gmail.com, brsp...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com
Agree with Dinesh ji
Would like to learn clear differences between A. caudatus and A. cruentus
Dr Satish Phadke

surajit koley

Feb 14, 2013, 1:14:49 PM2/14/13
to Satish Phadke, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, sing...@gmail.com, aarti...@gmail.com, balka...@gmail.com, dinesh...@gmail.com, nidhans...@gmail.com, pka...@gmail.com, drdsrawat...@gmail.com, brsp...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com
Sir,

As per keys in the "Bengal Plants" -

leaves acute or acuminate; bracts recurved, much exceeding the oblong-lanceolate, acuminate sepals ----- A. cruentus L.
leaves obtuse, rarely acute; bracts hardly recurved, not much exceeding the obovate, mucronate sepals ----- A. caudatus L.

Thank you,

Regards,

surajit

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 22, 2021, 6:18:21 AM3/22/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 22, 2021, 6:19:10 AM3/22/21
to indiantreepix, Suresh Rana
Mar 22, 2021, 10:51:19 AM3/22/21
to efloraofindia
As per http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=2&taxon_id=101257#KEY-1-11

  • Complex thyrsoid structures pendulous ...... A. caudatus
  • Complex thyrsoid structures erect; ...... A. cruentus
If the question is selecting between the two, obviously it would be A. cruentus.

Thank you.
Best regards,
Surajit Koley

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/6534b44b-a289-4325-a141-f4097bfb63c7n%40googlegroups.com.

J.M. Garg

Mar 27, 2021, 6:15:35 AM3/27/21
to efloraofindia, surajitkoley, Suresh Kumar Rana
To me appears close to images at Amaranthus caudatus L., as per images and details herein.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Mar 27, 2021, 6:20:20 AM3/27/21
to efloraofindia, surajitkoley, Suresh Kumar Rana
Sorry, wanted to say:
To me appears close to images at Amaranthus cruentus L.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

surajit koley

Mar 27, 2021, 9:52:50 AM3/27/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Suresh Kumar Rana
It cannot be ascertained without close-up / macro photograph of flowers - http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=2&taxon_id=101257#KEY-1-13

Thank you.
Best regards,
Surajit Koley