Flower for ID, Andaman NAW-FEB21-02

nadeem waqif

Feb 11, 2021, 4:26:54 AM2/11/21
to efloraofindia
If possible, kindly identify this flower from Andaman.
aa.png

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 11, 2021, 4:34:19 AM2/11/21
to efloraindia, Nadeem Waqif
It could be Bombax insigne Wall.. Any leaf image?
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 3:11 PM nadeem waqif <nadeem...@gmail.com> wrote:
If possible, kindly identify this flower from Andaman.

nadeem waqif

Feb 11, 2021, 4:46:55 AM2/11/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
Thank you sir for such a quick reply. No, unfortunately i have only these pictures, they were sent to me. The only thing i can add is that they call is "Lal Bombay".

radha veach

Feb 12, 2021, 5:03:55 PM2/12/21
to efloraofindia
Or Careya arborea?

regards
Radha

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Feb 12, 2021, 7:57:39 PM2/12/21
to efloraofindia
I too agree with Radha Ji,
With Regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 02/13/21, 06:26:42 AM

nawaqif

Feb 13, 2021, 1:13:21 AM2/13/21
to efloraofindia

I found a paper online, "FLORA OF DHANIKHARI EXPERIMENTAL GARDEN-CUM-ARBORETUM,
PORT BLAIR, ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR ISLANDS" by S. K. SRIVASTAVA and P. S . N. RAO

which claims that the local name Lal Bombay is used for the species Planchonia andamanica.

Sorry for such an incomplete and vague documentation.