Fabaceae (Faboideae) Fortnight :: Desmodium for id:: Gori Valley :: NS OCT 36/36

Nidhan Singh

Oct 14, 2015, 12:15:19 PM10/14/15
to indiantreepix
Dear All,

I found these two pics in my database, lying unidentified...
These were recorded from Gori Valley area..I think this can be a Desmodium sp., your views please..

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227
Desmodium for id gv (13).JPG
Desmodium for id gv (14).JPG

J.M. Garg

Oct 23, 2015, 5:11:29 AM10/23/15
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh

Some earlier relevant feedback:

 Desmodium species in eFloraofindia (with details/ keys from published papers/ regional floras/ FRLHT/ FOI/ Biotik/ efloras/ books etc., where ever available on net)

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2500 members & 2,25,000 messages on 18.6.15) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

Desmodium for id gv (13).JPG
Desmodium for id gv (14).JPG

J.M. Garg

Oct 31, 2015, 5:43:42 AM10/31/15
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Desmodium species in eFloraofindia (with details/ keys from published papers/ regional floras/ FRLHT/ FOI/ Biotik/ efloras/ books etc., where ever available on net)

Mar 5, 2017, 12:06:32 PM3/5/17
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
Pl. check with images at Desmodium laxiflorum DC.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2500 members & 2,25,000 messages on 18.6.15) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

Desmodium for id gv (13).JPG
Desmodium for id gv (14).JPG

Nidhan Singh

Mar 6, 2017, 2:36:25 AM3/6/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thanks Garg Ji for resurfacing this post....
Given the quality and quantity of pics, I should not expect/insist on getting them identified.
They do not look like Desmodium laxiflorum to me.

J.M. Garg

Mar 6, 2017, 8:01:17 AM3/6/17
to Nidhan Singh, efloraofindia
Thanks,  Nidhan ji

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 15, 2021, 8:09:00 AM9/15/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Group discussion at
Thanks,  Nidhan ji

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 15, 2021, 8:09:53 AM9/15/21
to indiantreepix, Nidhan Singh
Sep 19, 2021, 12:18:26 PM9/19/21
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
I think Desmodium sequax Wall., as per images and details herein.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 20, 2021, 5:35:13 AM9/20/21
to efloraindia, Nidhan Singh
Ototropis sequax (Wall.) H.Ohashi & K.Ohashi  !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Nidhan Singh

Sep 21, 2021, 7:37:41 PM9/21/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
Thanks a lot Garg Ji and Saroj Ji...!!
The id suggestion is not fully convincing, and it is largely due to insufficient images available with me...
I think this post may either be ignored or kept unresolved...