SK374 12FEB-2017:ID

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 12, 2017, 10:46:54 AM2/12/17
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Members,

Location: Pashupati, Kathmandu, Nepal
Altitude:  4200 ft.
Date: 27 September 2014
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
CYMERA_20140927_104529.jpg
CYMERA_20140927_104605.jpg

J.M. Garg

Feb 12, 2017, 10:15:02 PM2/12/17
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Asteraceae.

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 12, 2017, 11:13:56 PM2/12/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Can you please suggest to the nearest ?

Thank you
Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Feb 25, 2017, 3:19:44 AM2/25/17
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Appears more closer to images at Acmella ciliata (Kunth) Cass. rather than those of Acmella paniculata (Wall. ex DC.) R.K.Jansen
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

CYMERA_20140927_104529.jpg
CYMERA_20140927_104605.jpg

D.S Rawat

Feb 25, 2017, 6:26:20 AM2/25/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Please compare with Acmella ciliata in eFI.

DSRawat Pantnagar

Dr D.S. Rawat
Department of Biological Sciences, G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology Pantnagar-263 145 Uttarakhand, INDIA
eflorapantnagar displaying wild flora of Pantnagar

J.M. Garg

Feb 25, 2017, 7:55:29 AM2/25/17
to D.S Rawat, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Rawat ji

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 24, 2017, 7:20:07 AM8/24/17
to J.M. Garg, D.S Rawat, efloraofindia
Nepali Names : लाटो घाँस Laato Ghaans  /  मारती Maaratee

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Aug 24, 2017, 9:26:32 AM8/24/17
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
CYMERA_20140927_104529.jpg
CYMERA_20140927_104605.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Oct 3, 2020, 9:22:57 AM10/3/20
to efloraofindia
Thank you very much, Saroj ji, for the Nepali names of this plant.
Regards.
Dinesh

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 3, 2020, 9:24:19 AM10/3/20
to efloraindia
My pleasure !
Thank you Dinesh Ji !

Saroj Kasaju

Bijay Khadka

Oct 3, 2020, 11:28:35 AM10/3/20
to efloraofindia
Yes it is A. paniculata....a medicinal edible plant. It is popularly known as Small Marhatti (Sano marhatti) too in Nepali. The side view of flower could have made easier to identify.

Regards,
Bijay

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 3, 2020, 11:30:41 AM10/3/20
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Bijay!
I am still a learner and lot more learn yet.
Saroj Kasaju

--
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Bijay Khadka

Oct 3, 2020, 11:34:30 AM10/3/20
to efloraofindia
Actually your interest and contribution in plants is an example for the people working and studying plants....
Learning is never ending process ....hope to see further contributions..

Regards,
Bijay

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 3, 2020, 11:41:43 AM10/3/20
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Bijay for the compliments.
Yes, indeed learning process is a never ending process!
Saroj Kasaju

Bijay Khadka

Oct 3, 2020, 11:47:50 AM10/3/20
to efloraofindia
You are welcome Saroj Ji!!

Thank You
Bijay

J.M. Garg

Oct 5, 2020, 6:44:29 AM10/5/20
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Bijay Khadka
No, it is not Acmella paniculata (does not have ray florets) as per details and images herein.
I had earlier identified it as Acmella ciliata (Introduced) as per details and images herein.
However, I do not find its mention in the Checklist of Nepal.
2nd best choice will be Acmella uliginosa (syn: Spilanthes iabadicensis A. H. Moore as per Catalogue of Life).

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Bijay Khadka

Oct 5, 2020, 11:17:09 AM10/5/20
to efloraofindia
Yes Garg Ji!
Need to check it, with details..

Regards,
Bijay

Bijay Khadka

Oct 5, 2020, 11:53:07 AM10/5/20
to efloraofindia
Yes It is not A paniculata as per its characters.
Other options could be A. calva, A. ciliata

Regards,
Bijay

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 5, 2020, 11:56:29 AM10/5/20
to efloraindia
Did not find listing of A. ciliata in Nepal unless it is a new to Nepal.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Gurcharan Singh

May 29, 2021, 9:04:15 AM5/29/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Acmella ciliata ?
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

May 29, 2021, 9:05:13 AM5/29/21
to indiantreepix, Saroj Kumar Kasaju
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Acmella ciliata ?
Group discussion at

Jun 4, 2021, 6:46:16 AM6/4/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kumar Kasaju

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 18, 2021, 3:28:10 AM6/18/21
to J.M. Garg, Bijay Khadka, Gurcharan Singh, Dinesh Valke, D.S Rawat, efloraofindia
Confirm by Prof. Chen: Acmella paniculata !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 13.11.09.png

J.M. Garg

Jun 18, 2021, 6:27:52 AM6/18/21
to Saroj Kasaju, Bijay Khadka, Gurcharan Singh, Dinesh Valke, D.S Rawat, efloraofindia
But leaf base appears to be cordate and not cuneate.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg