Two wild ornamental plants from Arunachal Pradesh

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

May 29, 2010, 1:04:04 PM5/29/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

Pl find the photograph of two beautiful wild ornamental plants from Arunachal Pradesh. Clerodendrum lasiocephalum is rare and probably restricted to North East India and Myanmar only. Oxyspora paniculata (Melastomataceae) is almost common throughout Arunachal Pradesh.

Locality: Upper Siang district, Arunachal Pradesh.

Regards,

Ritesh.

Clerodendrum lasiocephalum.JPG
Oxyspora paniculata1.JPG
Oxyspora paniculata2.JPG

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

May 29, 2010, 1:10:32 PM5/29/10
to efloraofindia

Dear all,

Pl find the photographs of two beautiful wild ornamental plants from Arunachal Pradesh. Clerodendrum lasiocephalum is rare and probably restricted to North East India and Myanmar only. Oxyspora paniculata (Melastomataceae) is almost common throughout Arunachal Pradesh.

--
"It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure." -- Albert Einstein
Oxyspora paniculata1.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

May 29, 2010, 11:08:28 PM5/29/10
to Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia
Ritesh ji
In future kindly take care to send one species per mail, otherwise it would be difficult to handle these in the database.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

tanay bose

May 29, 2010, 11:41:44 PM5/29/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia
Dear Ritesh Ji,
Nice photos thanks for sharing.
Kindly follow the posting guidelines
Regards
tanay
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

mani nair

May 30, 2010, 12:25:55 AM5/30/10
to tanay bose, Gurcharan Singh, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia
Dear Riteshji,

Beautiful photos.  I have seen Clerodendrum lasiocephalum   in my native place in Kerala.
It is the favorite of butterflies.

Regards.,

Mani.

Prashant awale

May 31, 2010, 3:03:33 AM5/31/10
to Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, indian...@googlegroups.com
Beautiful photographs Ritesh ji. Thanks for sharing.
regards
Prashant

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

May 31, 2010, 3:12:58 AM5/31/10
to Prashant awale, efloraofindia
Hello Prashantji,

Thanx for the appreciation! I'll try to upload some more beautiful photographs to enrich the efloraofindia database.

Best regards,
Ritesh.

JM Garg

Sep 13, 2019, 7:10:22 AM9/13/19
to efloraofindia
Clerodendrum lasiocephalum.JPG
Oxyspora paniculata1.JPG
Oxyspora paniculata2.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 13, 2019, 7:14:09 AM9/13/19
to efloraofindia, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary
Hi, Ritesh ji,
Clerodendrum lasiocephalum is a syn. of Clerodendrum chinense (Osbeck) Mabb., both as per Catalogue of life and WCSP.
Your posted 1st image looks different from those at Clerodendrum chinense in efi site.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).

Clerodendrum lasiocephalum.JPG
Oxyspora paniculata1.JPG
Oxyspora paniculata2.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 13, 2019, 7:20:10 AM9/13/19
to efloraofindia, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary
Also does not match with any other species so far in efi site as per comparative images at Clerodendrum

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 13, 2019, 7:25:33 AM9/13/19
to efloraindia, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary
Beautiful images of O.paniculata!

The 1st image has serrated leaves!

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 13, 2019, 7:30:57 AM9/13/19
to efloraindia, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary
Another feature is yellow part in the middle of flower.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Sep 13, 2019, 8:08:41 AM9/13/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Garg Sir,
Thanks a lot for pointing this out. My plant definitely looks different from C. chinense (Osbeck) Mabb.
IPNI has two citations for C. lasiocephalum:
Clerodendrum lasiocephalum C.B.Clarke, Fl. Brit. India [J. D. Hooker] 4(12): 594 (1885).
Clerodendrum lasiocephalum C.B.Clarke & C.E.C.Fisch., Bull. Misc. Inform. Kew 1940(7): 299, descr. ampl. (1941).
I shall try to go through the second reference and get back to you.
Regards,
Ritesh

J.M. Garg

Sep 13, 2019, 8:34:01 AM9/13/19
to Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia
Thanks, Ritesh ji.
I could only get one reference of Clerodendrum lasiocephalum in WCSP, Catalogue of Life as well as in The Plant list.

J.M. Garg

Sep 22, 2019, 7:58:16 AM9/22/19
to Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia
Hi, Ritesh ji,
Any further news in the matter ?

J.M. Garg

Sep 22, 2019, 8:00:28 AM9/22/19
to efloraofindia, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Saroj Kasaju

Clerodendrum lasiocephalum is a syn. of Clerodendrum chinense (Osbeck) Mabb., both as per Catalogue of life and WCSP.
Posted looks different from those at Clerodendrum chinense in efi site.

Sep 22, 2019, 8:19:29 AM9/22/19
to Bimal Sar kar, efloraofindia, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Bimal ji.
But looks different from Clerodendrum japonicum

On Sun, 22 Sep 2019 at 17:45, Bimal Sar kar <bima...@gmail.com> wrote:
Can it be Clerodendrum japonicum .

Bimal Sar kar

Sep 22, 2019, 8:20:14 AM9/22/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Saroj Kasaju
Ok, thanks.