Flower for Id -ID31122021SH2

Shobha Chavda

Dec 31, 2021, 7:02:46 AM12/31/21
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,
Flower for Id pl.
Location - Vasai ( Maharashtra)
Date - November 2021
Regards,
Shobha Chavda
IMG_0371.JPG
IMG_0374.JPG
IMG_0373.JPG

vip...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2021, 11:22:21 AM12/31/21
to efloraofindia, Shobha Halwe-Chavda

Male tree of Mallotus nudiflorus (L.) Kulju & Welzen [Euphorbiaceae].

May I know in which part of Vasai was this observed?

Best wishes, Viplav

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Dec 31, 2021, 12:34:56 PM12/31/21
to efloraofindia, Shobha Halwe-Chavda
I too agree with Viplav Ji for ID,
With regards.

Shobha Halwe-Chavda

Jan 1, 2022, 4:55:38 AM1/1/22
to efloraofindia
Thanks Viplav ji and Pardesi ji.
Viplav ji,I am not a ' वसईकर’ 😃 so don't know about the exact location. But i will try to find out. It was an area where there was more dominance of  typical style of catholic houses and A two-storied- bungalow named ’रुमानिया’ drew my attention. The tree was just  hundred mts away.
Regards

Mahadeswara

Jan 1, 2022, 6:58:27 AM1/1/22
to efloraofindia
Very beautiful. Furthermore, it is new to me.  I never imagined Mallotus species could be like this. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Shobha Chavda

Jan 1, 2022, 11:48:05 AM1/1/22
to indiantreepix
My pleasure Mahadeswaraji.

Furthermore it's local name in Marathi is भुरभेंड.
Regards

Shobha Halwe-Chavda

Jan 2, 2022, 5:54:31 AM1/2/22
to efloraofindia

Some confusion although in mind. About three-four years back I had seen a tree in the same region with round shaped fruits and i was told that it is  Mallotus nudiflorus .( unsure whether on this group or by someone else) That tree was totally different. Was it a Female tree then ? I am posting those photos here for reference.
Regards
पेटारी Copy.JPG
पेटारी 1 - Copy.JPG
पेटारी2- Copy.JPG

vip...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2022, 6:41:48 AM1/2/22
to efloraofindia

Yes, this is the female tree of Mallotus nudiflorus.

Best wishes, Viplav

On Sun, 2 Jan 2022 at 16:24, Shobha Halwe-Chavda <koa...@gmail.com> wrote:

Some confusion although in mind. About three-four years back I had seen a tree in the same region with round shaped fruits and i was told that it is  Mallotus nudiflorus .( unsure whether on this group or by someone else) That tree was totally different. Was it a Female tree then ? I am posting those photos here for reference.
Regards

Shobha Halwe-Chavda

Jan 17, 2022, 7:23:44 AM1/17/22
to efloraofindia
Thanks Viplav ji. Sorry for the delayed reply. I was out of town.
Regards