Tabebuia berteroi

Samir Mehta

May 20, 2011, 12:38:17 PM5/20/11
to efloraofindia
Tabebuia berteroi (DC.) Britton
Common Name: Hispaniolan Rosy Trumpet Tree
Family: Bignoniaceae (Jacaranda family)
Synonym: Tecoma berteroi

Consider myself very lucky to have got the seed dispersal. Initially I thought it was a feather stuck in the foliage!

Please validate.

Regards,

Samir Mehta
Tabebuia berteroi (DC.) Britton @ Santa DSC07216.jpg
Tabebuia berteroi @ Santa DSC07217.jpg
Tabebuia berteroi, flower dissected @ Santa DSC07218.jpg
Tabebuia berteroi, fruit @ Santa DSC07219.jpg
Tabebuia berteroi, fruit @ Santa DSC07220.jpg
Tabebuia berteroi, leaf @ Santa DSC07212.jpg
Tabebuia berteroi, seed dispersal @ Santa DSC07220.jpg
Tabebuia berteroi, tree @ Santa DSC07223.jpg

tanay bose

May 20, 2011, 6:14:08 PM5/20/11
to Samir Mehta, efloraofindia
The Photographic details are really awesome
Samir Ji
Thanks for sharing
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Ushadi micromini

May 20, 2011, 10:49:18 PM5/20/11
to Samir Mehta, efloraofindia
Samir ji: wonderful pics, esp the flying seeds??? where is this
santa? as in cruz in bombay? or ana as in california?

thanks
usha di
========

On May 20, 9:38 pm, Samir Mehta <samirmeht...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tabebuia berteroi (DC.) Britton
> Common Name: Hispaniolan Rosy Trumpet Tree

> Family: Bignoniaceae** ** (Jacaranda family)

> Synonym: Tecoma berteroi
>
> Consider myself very lucky to have got the seed dispersal. Initially I
> thought it was a feather stuck in the foliage!
>
> Please validate.
>
> Regards,
>
> Samir Mehta
>

>  Tabebuia berteroi (DC.) Britton @ Santa DSC07216.jpg
> 205KViewDownload
>
>  Tabebuia berteroi @ Santa DSC07217.jpg
> 201KViewDownload
>
>  Tabebuia berteroi, flower dissected @ Santa DSC07218.jpg
> 215KViewDownload
>
>  Tabebuia berteroi, fruit @ Santa DSC07219.jpg
> 210KViewDownload
>
>  Tabebuia berteroi, fruit @ Santa DSC07220.jpg
> 212KViewDownload
>
>  Tabebuia berteroi, leaf @ Santa DSC07212.jpg
> 199KViewDownload
>
>  Tabebuia berteroi, seed dispersal @ Santa DSC07220.jpg
> 195KViewDownload
>
>  Tabebuia berteroi, tree @ Santa DSC07223.jpg
> 177KViewDownload

Samir Mehta

May 21, 2011, 10:31:39 AM5/21/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia

Dear Usha,

Thank You for your appreciative comment.

I'm not sure whether they are called 'flying seeds'; When I checked the well known sources (eflora's, kew, daves garden, wiki etc) website I did not get much info on this species Maybe better informed group members can help.

Santa as in cruz, Greater Mumbai.

Regards,

Samir

tanay bose

May 21, 2011, 10:33:42 AM5/21/11
to Samir Mehta, Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Samir Ji I think your ID is correct
Tanay

Samir Mehta

May 21, 2011, 10:30:28 AM5/21/11
to tanay bose, efloraofindia

Surely Tanay you mean floral / fruit / plant detail (c/f photographic detail).
Could you help ratify the id?
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Samir

Samir Mehta

May 21, 2011, 11:27:46 AM5/21/11
to efloraofindia
Owner / Moderators,

Please take note that my post to this thread at 7:31pm IST (to user id
= Ushadi micromini) reached the group site before my post of 7:30pm
IST (to user id = Tanay Bose).
Furthermore, the reply to my comment / query [of 7:30pm IST] reached
before my post [time stamp 7:33pm IST] to the group site! Effectively,
the answer reached before the question, even though the question was
posted first and the answer later as per the time stamp.

The implications of such delay and posts not appearing on the group
site in the (time) order in which they were posted are worrisome and
should concern all of us given it’s potential for conflict and abuse
(never ever seen such a thing happen on any google group to date).

Hope you can clarify the matter at the earliest.

Regards,

Samir Mehta

On May 20, 9:38 pm, Samir Mehta <samirmeht...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tabebuia berteroi (DC.) Britton
> Common Name: Hispaniolan Rosy Trumpet Tree
> Family: Bignoniaceae** ** (Jacaranda family)
> Synonym: Tecoma berteroi
>
> Consider myself very lucky to have got the seed dispersal. Initially I
> thought it was a feather stuck in the foliage!
>
> Please validate.
>
> Regards,
>
> Samir Mehta

J.M. Garg

Aug 27, 2011, 4:33:20 AM8/27/11
to efloraofindia, rajde...@gmail.com, satishp...@gmail.com, swee...@gmail.com, nudra...@gmail.com, nitesh...@gmail.com, drneil...@yahoo.com, shubhada...@yahoo.co.in, rautn...@gmail.com, hems...@gmail.com, abhi_...@hotmail.com, Samir Mehta, tanay bose, Ushadi micromini

Some earlier relevant feedback:

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1680 members & 75,000 messages on 31/7/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 5000 species)

Tabebuia berteroi (DC.) Britton @ Santa DSC07216.jpg
Tabebuia berteroi @ Santa DSC07217.jpg
Tabebuia berteroi, flower dissected @ Santa DSC07218.jpg
Tabebuia berteroi, fruit @ Santa DSC07219.jpg
Tabebuia berteroi, fruit @ Santa DSC07220.jpg
Tabebuia berteroi, leaf @ Santa DSC07212.jpg
Tabebuia berteroi, seed dispersal @ Santa DSC07220.jpg
Tabebuia berteroi, tree @ Santa DSC07223.jpg

Giby Kuriakose

Aug 27, 2011, 9:03:52 AM8/27/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, rajde...@gmail.com, satishp...@gmail.com, swee...@gmail.com, nudra...@gmail.com, nitesh...@gmail.com, drneil...@yahoo.com, shubhada...@yahoo.co.in, rautn...@gmail.com, hems...@gmail.com, abhi_...@hotmail.com, Samir Mehta, tanay bose, Ushadi micromini
I too think that this is Tabebuia berteroi (DC.) Britton of Bignoniaceae family.

Regards,
Giby
--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

nitesh joshi

Aug 27, 2011, 9:12:21 AM8/27/11
to Giby Kuriakose, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, rajde...@gmail.com, satishp...@gmail.com, swee...@gmail.com, nudra...@gmail.com, drneil...@yahoo.com, shubhada...@yahoo.co.in, rautn...@gmail.com, hems...@gmail.com, abhi_...@hotmail.com, Samir Mehta, tanay bose, Ushadi micromini
yes it is
--
Dr.Nitesh Joshi
Associate professor in botany

Samir Mehta

Aug 28, 2011, 12:45:47 AM8/28/11
to nitesh joshi, Giby Kuriakose, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, rajde...@gmail.com, satishp...@gmail.com, swee...@gmail.com, nudra...@gmail.com, drneil...@yahoo.com, shubhada...@yahoo.co.in, rautn...@gmail.com, hems...@gmail.com, abhi_...@hotmail.com, tanay bose, Ushadi micromini
Two visitors I spotted on the main trunk, the camouflage of one being near perfect.

Regards,

Samir Mehta
Tabebuia berteroi, Insect on trunk DSC07275.jpg
Tabebuia berteroi, Insect on trunk DSC07274.jpg
Tabebuia berteroi, Insect on trunk DSC07277.jpg
Tabebuia berteroi, Insect on trunk DSC07279.jpg

JM Garg

Dec 11, 2019, 1:03:24 AM12/11/19
to efloraofindia
Tabebuia berteroi (DC.) Britton @ Santa DSC07216.jpg
Tabebuia berteroi @ Santa DSC07217.jpg
Tabebuia berteroi, flower dissected @ Santa DSC07218.jpg
Tabebuia berteroi, fruit @ Santa DSC07219.jpg
Tabebuia berteroi, fruit @ Santa DSC07220.jpg
Tabebuia berteroi, leaf @ Santa DSC07212.jpg
Tabebuia berteroi, seed dispersal @ Santa DSC07220.jpg
Tabebuia berteroi, tree @ Santa DSC07223.jpg

J.M. Garg

Dec 11, 2019, 1:07:17 AM12/11/19
to efloraofindia, Samir Mehta, Ushadi micromini, nitesh joshi