Sri Lanka yellow flower

paulca...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2022, 6:31:16 AM4/17/22
to efloraofindia
Hello everyone!
I am looking for the name of this beautiful yellow flower. I think it's the genus Ochna maybe the species integerrima. But the shape of the fruit does not seem to confirm this identification! Please give me your point of view.Img2022-03-06_145034.JPG
Photo du 06/03/2022 a Ranna, Hambantota District, Southern Province, Sri Lanka
Img2022-03-06_145039.JPG
Photo du 06/03/2022 a Ranna, Hambantota District, Southern Province, Sri Lanka

Thank you in advance for your help

J.M. Garg

Apr 17, 2022, 6:36:48 AM4/17/22
to efloraofindia, Paul Cabrol
Was it a tree?

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Paul Cabrol

Apr 17, 2022, 6:40:45 AM4/17/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Yes, it was.

Plantaholic Sheila.

Apr 17, 2022, 6:40:51 AM4/17/22
to efloraofindia
Looks like Cochlospermum vitifolium..common name buttercup tree.
I have only seen the double flowered one..plenumCOCHLOSPERMUM  VITIFOLIUM  PLENUM 09 01 2015 10-034.JPGCOCHLOSPERMUM  VITIFOLIUM  PLENUM 18 01 2015 11-43.JPGCOCHLOSPERMUM  VITIFOLIUM  PLENUM 09 01 2015 10-38.JPG

J.M. Garg

Apr 17, 2022, 6:47:52 AM4/17/22
to efloraofindia, Sheila Sadd, Paul Cabrol
Thanks, Sheila ji,
I was also thinking in that direction i.e why asked for the habit.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg