Ipomoea for ID : 230111 : AK-3

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 23, 2011, 9:23:55 AM1/23/11
to efloraofindia
Taken at Munnar, Kerala on the 21st of October,2008.
Growing wild by the roadside.
Aarti
Ipomoea-DSCN6407.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 23, 2011, 9:21:17 PM1/23/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Looks like I. carnea

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Nidhan Singh

Jan 24, 2011, 6:19:29 AM1/24/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Hi,
For me also this looks like I. carnea Syn I. fistulosa. It should have
been confirmed if a picture of leaves was attached. Aarti Ji, do you
have any?
Regards
--
Dr. Nidhan Singh
Department of Botany

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 24, 2011, 9:09:50 AM1/24/11
to Nidhan Singh, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Gurcharan ji and Nidhan ji,
Let me check and get back to you if there are any more pictures.
Aarti

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 24, 2011, 9:58:18 AM1/24/11
to Nidhan Singh, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Nidhan ji,
Luckily I found one more picture of this creeper although not too good.
Just checked in flowersofindia.net
Could this be Argyreia sericea,Silky Morning Glory or Silky Wood rose?
Aarti
Munnar-DSCN6403.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 24, 2011, 10:11:27 AM1/24/11
to Aarti S. Khale, Nidhan Singh, efloraofindia
Not I. carnea if it is a creeper. Aarti ji, you may be right. Let us see other comments.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Ron_Convolvulaceae

Jan 27, 2011, 11:54:15 PM1/27/11
to efloraofindia

On Jan 24, 10:11 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not I. carnea if it is a creeper. Aarti ji, you may be right. Let us see
> other comments.
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Aarti S. Khale <aarti.kh...@gmail.com>wrote:

The 2nd photo contains much more detail that the 1st photo.

The plant seems to be consistent with some type of argyreia but I
could not say for certain but i will mention some noteworthy
characteristics that i see

1) the leaves are cordate

2) there stems have a fine whitish pubescence that is typical for
Argyreia type species

3) there is hair visible on the ribs extending the entire length of
the corolla

4) the secondary bracts at the base of the peduncle and pedicels are
quite different in structure as compared to the sepals

Food for thought...

regards,

Ron

> > Nidhan ji,
> > Luckily I found one more picture of this creeper although not too good.
> > Just checked in flowersofindia.net
> > Could this be Argyreia sericea,Silky Morning Glory or Silky Wood rose?
> > Aarti
>
> > On 1/24/11, Aarti S. Khale <aarti.kh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Gurcharan ji and Nidhan ji,
> > > Let me check and get back to you if there are any more pictures.
> > > Aarti

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 28, 2011, 12:07:17 AM1/28/11
to Ron_Convolvulaceae, efloraofindia
Aarti ji
It feels good to notice that you are slowly shaping into a good taxonomist.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired Associate Professor, Department of Botany, SGTB Khalsa College

University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018
Phone: 01125518297; Mobile: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 28, 2011, 12:38:23 AM1/28/11
to Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com, aarti...@gmail.com, tab...@gmail.com
Dear Gurcharan ji,
Thanks for those encouraging words.
Around three years ago,I didn't know a single name of flora.By chance
I found flowersofindia site.My son who was here on a vacation,
encouraged me to send my pictures.Initially I was very reluctant...but
my son kept on reminding me.Out of five pictures that I sent,four were
added on the site.Tabish ji encouraged me a lot initially...how to
resize pictures,etc.
Thus slowly, this journey began.
Now in my spare time, I always have something to do...never get bored
and also get to learn so much.
Aarti

On Jan 28, 9:07 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Aarti ji
> It feels good to notice that you are slowly shaping into a good taxonomist.
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired Associate Professor, Department of Botany, SGTB Khalsa College
> University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018

> Phone: 01125518297; Mobile: 9810359089http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

> > > x- Hide quoted text -

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 28, 2011, 1:19:14 AM1/28/11
to Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com, tab...@gmail.com
Yes Aarti ji
That is not your case only, even for me who was supposed to be an expert taxonomist way back in 1970-75 in Kashmir. When I joined Delhi University in 1975, I got so busy in teaching that my involvement with plants in nature remained limited to local trips for students, and annual trips to places in India.
    Two things changed my life style: a digital camera presented by my son, and my joining indiantreepix (thanks to Dr. Janamurty who introduced me to this group (from TAXACOM, where I used to send my photographs)). It has changed my life style. I am on lookout for visiting more and more places. While in California, I have photographed plants in thousands (but upload only those which are relevant to our Flora), and would plan my next visit in a different months to catch new plants.
     My primary interest still remains Himalayan Flora, and I would be visiting different areas in different months to have the maximum catch. I am planning Kashmir visit this time in July-August (peak season for high altitude Flora), last time it was June.
     I have often been thinking, if I had not joined this group, how would have I spent my retirement days?. Now planning for future trips, clicking new photographs, processing these, identifying these and interacting on the group, keeps me much more busy than my days of active service. Luckily I have another hobby of making videos from stills or clips from digicam. Many of these are on the facebook for those interested.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089

Vijayasankar

Jan 28, 2011, 1:05:55 PM1/28/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com, tab...@gmail.com
It feels real good to read your experiences. I am thrilled about your involvement, commitment and enthusiasm which not only keeps you busy but also help others, as the case of your (all the 'elite members' in the group) productive as well as healthy interactions in the group. When enthusiasm adds up to the knowledge & experience, nothing can beat that. Please keep the good work going.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Balkar Arya

Jan 28, 2011, 1:37:11 PM1/28/11
to Vijayasankar, Gurcharan Singh, Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com, tab...@gmail.com
Rightly said Vijaysankar Ji

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 29, 2011, 8:14:55 AM1/29/11
to Vijayasankar, Balkar Arya, Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com, tab...@gmail.com
Dear Vijayasankar ji and Balkar ji,
Thanks a lot.
For a housewife who has spent years raising children & managing the
house, such comments go a long way.
Regards,
Aarti

JM Garg

Sep 24, 2019, 2:07:00 AM9/24/19
to efloraofindia
Munnar-DSCN6403.JPG

JM Garg

Sep 24, 2019, 2:07:14 AM9/24/19
to efloraofindia
Ipomoea-DSCN6407.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 24, 2019, 2:10:08 AM9/24/19
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale
To me appears close to Argyreia hookeri C. B. Clarke as per this image.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).

Munnar-DSCN6403.JPG

Aarti S. Khale

Sep 24, 2019, 7:02:17 AM9/24/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia