Thunbergia kasajuana Bh.Adhikari & J.R.I.Wood,sp.nov. Type: Nepal, Bhaktapur, Nagarkot, 2020 m, 6Sept. 2018, S. Kasaju 133 (holotype KATH; isotype E)

Saroj Kasaju

May 21, 2020, 3:21:50 AM5/21/20
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Bhaskar Adhikari
Happy to share with members!

“I have a dream”- the famous line by Martin Luther King, always inspired me to have dreams and that no dream is too big or too small.
And so a dream, a commoner like me dreamt of, has finally come true, by taking a small step towards the vast Flora world society. It is indeed a matter of great pleasure for a lay person like me to discover a new species of plant “Thunbergia kasajuana Bh.Adhikari & J.R.I.Wood '' within the valley of Nagarkot. This contribution towards the Flora world has been made possible by Dr. Bhaskar Adhikari. I would like to express my gratitude towards him for believing in me, for taking it to the summit and establishing my identity within the flora science world. It has all been made possible through your persistent follow up and encouragement. I would like to thank my lovely wife Meera for her constant selfless support, my two children Swastika and Sameer who always motivated me to follow my aspirations, and friends and relatives who encouraged me in different ways to pursue my hobby. This discovery is dedicated to my dear Father Bhairab Ram Kasaju and mother Julum Kasaju, my birthplace Chautara, Sindupalchok and the Kasaju community.

J.M. Garg

May 21, 2020, 3:56:41 AM5/21/20
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, Bhaskar Adhikari
Oh!!! What a discovery!!1
And what a day!!!

Thanks, Saroj ji,
I always knew you had it in you.
Your persistence and wandering through the forests for decades and contributing selflessly is beyond imagination.
Naming a species in your honour, is a great thing not only for you but to all of us in efloraofindia.

(ETYMOLOGY. The specic epithet kasajuana honours Mr Saroj Kumar Kasaju, who rst discovered and photographed the species. Mr Kasaju is a citizen scientist contributing to our understanding of the flora of Nepal by taking photos of plant species from Nepal and India. He was actively involved in the identication of this species

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,50,000 images are directly displayed on 31.1.20).

Saroj Kasaju

May 21, 2020, 3:59:46 AM5/21/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia, Bhaskar Adhikari
Thank you Mr. Garg for your kind words. I am grateful to specially you and also other members of efi and
efi site which always gave me encouragement to venture deep into this field.
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Mahadeswara

May 21, 2020, 8:00:24 AM5/21/20
to efloraofindia
Dear Saroj ji,
What a great contribution.  Hearty congratulations. We are proud of your contribution.
Your knowledge is more than any TOP TAXONOMIST in the field of Botany.
Regards,

Satish Phadke

May 21, 2020, 8:37:36 AM5/21/20
to indiantreepix
Congratulations Saroj ji
Really a great moment.
Dr Satish Phadke

J.M. Garg

May 21, 2020, 8:46:54 AM5/21/20
to efloraofindia

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

May 21, 2020, 8:47:15 AM5/21/20
to efloraofindia

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

From: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 at 13:26
To: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>
Cc: efloraindia <indian...@googlegroups.com>, Bhaskar Adhikari <BAdh...@rbge.org.uk>

Nidhan Singh

May 21, 2020, 9:08:07 AM5/21/20
to indiantreepix
Congratulations Saroj Ji for this great honour!!!

It cannot be conferred upon, unless one really  deserves it.. I feel short of words to express my joy and my feelings towards the sustained efforts you have made all through these years..
All kudos to the endless hours spent in the field to highlight Flora Nepalensis on this and various other platforms.

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Associate Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Saroj Kasaju

May 21, 2020, 10:02:37 AM5/21/20
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Dr. Phadke.
Saroj Kasaju

--
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

M Swamy

May 21, 2020, 11:41:17 PM5/21/20
to efloraofindia
A great honour to you by recognising your contribution to taxonomy.  As a member of  eflora group I am proud of your achievement. All the best in your dedicated work .

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CACdsMop8RBA%2B3b-hkP9es8qEJA3tc3wJp-XNzMSVUAGZvcomuA%40mail.gmail.com.

Aarti S. Khale

May 21, 2020, 11:44:56 PM5/21/20
to efloraofindia
Hearty congratulations Saroj Ji.
Aarti

Alka Khare

May 22, 2020, 12:47:11 AM5/22/20
to efloraofindia
Congratulations Saroj ji.
This is a befitting recognition of your dedication and hard work and the hours you might have spent on the field.
It is indeed an honour to be thus immortalised.

Regards
Alka Khare

Saroj Kasaju

May 22, 2020, 1:42:55 AM5/22/20
to efloraindia

Thank you Nidhan Sir for the appreciation !

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

May 22, 2020, 1:47:57 AM5/22/20
to efloraindia

Thank you Mahadeswara JI for nice words!

Saroj Kasaju

Promila Chaturvedi

May 22, 2020, 7:08:11 AM5/22/20
to indiantreepix
Hope, everyone's dream come true in the Flora World like yours. Hearty congratulations  Mr. Kasaju.

Saroj Kasaju

May 22, 2020, 7:15:13 AM5/22/20
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Promila Ji for appreciation.
Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

May 22, 2020, 7:22:37 AM5/22/20
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Aarti ji!
Saroj Kasaju

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

May 22, 2020, 10:40:57 AM5/22/20
to efloraofindia
Hearty Congratulations Saroj Sir, Sooooooo happy to see the "Thunbergia kasajuana", in front of your commitment nothing is impossible,
my best wishes to you for new more discoveries,
Thanks for sharing sir,
With kind regards.
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏💥💥💐

Saroj Kasaju

May 22, 2020, 11:05:57 AM5/22/20
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Paradesi ji for the appreciation ! Definitely I shall be devoting my life for the cause.
Saroj Kasaju

Bhaskar Adhikari

Jun 8, 2020, 10:08:42 AM6/8/20
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia

Dear all

It was an absolute pleasure to describe this Thunbergia kasajuana in honour of Mr Saroj Kumar Kasaju. I would like to thank efloraofIndia group and Garg ji for all the brilliant work you all have been doing. I think there are many more if we look at them closely. Here is the recent blog on the discoveries of new species on social media: https://stories.rbge.org.uk/archives/33585

Many thanks

Bhaskar

Dr Bhaskar Adhikari | Biodiversity Scientist: Temperate Asia Taxonomist | Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh | 20a Inverleith Row | Edinburgh | EH3 5LR |Scotland UK

Tel.: +44 (131) 999 3009 | Fax: +44 (131) 248 2901 | RBGE website: www.rbge.org.uk | Flora of Nepal website: www.floraofnepal.org

Jun 8, 2020, 10:44:02 AM6/8/20
to Bhaskar Adhikari, Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
Thanks, Bhaskar ji.
So nice of you, to think in this way.
We always remain indebted to you for the wonderful help you are rendering to the group.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg