Identification

Binu Thomas

Sep 28, 2011, 3:22:29 AM9/28/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
The plant collected from palakkad district of kerala
 any body of them help me for correct identification

--
Binu Thomas
Research scholar

"Conserve our Mother Nature through Sustainable Utilization"

DSCN4950.JPG

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 28, 2011, 4:57:02 AM9/28/11
to Binu Thomas, indian...@googlegroups.com
This plant belongs to the family Commelinaceae. I think a picture of leaf/leaves would help in species id.

Regards
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Prabhu kumar KM

Sep 28, 2011, 5:00:18 AM9/28/11
to Giby Kuriakose, Binu Thomas, indian...@googlegroups.com

Please check with Murdannia sp. may be spirata--

Prabhu Kumar K M
Scientist
Plant Systematics & Genetic Resources Division
Centre for Medicinal Plant Research (CMPR)
& 'CMPR' Herbarium
Kottakkal Arya Vaidya Sala
Kottakkal, Malappuram

Prabhu kumar KM

Sep 28, 2011, 5:54:46 AM9/28/11
to Giby Kuriakose, Binu Thomas, indian...@googlegroups.com

Dear binu this is Murdannia dimorpha
--
Prabhu Kumar K M
Scientist

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 28, 2011, 7:51:36 AM9/28/11
to Prabhu kumar KM, Binu Thomas, indian...@googlegroups.com
Would you please explain how did you reach the species.
I am not very confident in Commelinaceae.
I would take this as an opportunity to learn new species with decisive characters.
It would be also useful for those who follow to id species with characters.

Thanks in advance

Thanks and regards,
Giby

Ushadi micromini

Sep 28, 2011, 10:16:25 PM9/28/11
to efloraofindia, Smilax004

Binu ji and all:
Before this discussion goes any further... I would like to remind
Binu ji
of the posting guidelines.. .https://sites.google.com/site/
efloraofindia/posting-guidelines

which must have a unique subject line... (its number 9 in posting
guidelines)

and some basic information.. which you and copy paste on a word
document and re-use it thousands of time...

please follow these basic guidelines for a FRUITFUL INTERACTION with
the experts of the group,

who are as you see very helpful...

All are only too eager to help... but you must help us to help you...

Thanks
Usha di

=======

On Sep 28, 4:51 pm, Giby Kuriakose <giby.kuriak...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Would you please explain how did you reach the species.
> I am not very confident in Commelinaceae.
> I would take this as an opportunity to learn new species with decisive
> characters.
> It would be also useful for those who follow to id species with characters.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Giby
>
> On 28 September 2011 15:24, Prabhu kumar KM <prabhumkris...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Dear binu this is *Murdannia dimorpha
> > *--
> > *Prabhu Kumar K M*
> > Scientist
> > Plant Systematics & Genetic Resources Division
> > Centre for Medicinal Plant Research (CMPR)
> > & 'CMPR' Herbarium
> > Kottakkal Arya Vaidya Sala
> > Kottakkal, Malappuram
> > *E-mail: prabhumkris...@gmail.com*

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 29, 2011, 1:46:08 AM9/29/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Well said Ushadi Ji.

Several times I felt guesses are going wild because of the lack of supportive information.
Hope we get supportive information along with the id request not only to id the plant but also to learn the species with field characters as well.

Regards
Giby

ushadi Micromini

Sep 29, 2011, 1:58:28 AM9/29/11
to Giby Kuriakose, efloraofindia
Yes, Giby ji, thank you for agreeing with me...
 its very frustrating... to see ... time and again...
mistakes by folks who post and donot follow simple english directions..
and we in our enthusiasm  to help, respond and give the id and discussions...etc..
 but that should not be...

usha di

====

Saroj Kumar Kasaju

Jan 8, 2021, 11:48:15 AM1/8/21
to efloraofindia
Murdannia dimorpha looks close !
Thank you
Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jan 8, 2021, 9:28:11 PM1/8/21
to efloraofindia, Binu Thomas, Saroj Kasaju

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg