Which sp. Of Sambucus is this.

Shakir ahmad (Ammatuer Taxonomist)

May 10, 2021, 11:32:06 AM5/10/21
to efloraofindia
Photograph taken at high altitude of district kulgam jammu and kashmir.

Date of collection:September 2020.
Sambucus wightiana have yellow orange fruits.
Screenshot_2021-05-10-21-00-01-542_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

May 10, 2021, 11:39:46 AM5/10/21
to efloraindia
Looks like Sambucus racemosa L. ?? Is it in wild or cultivated ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Shakir ahmad (Ammatuer Taxonomist)

May 10, 2021, 11:54:28 AM5/10/21
to efloraofindia

Saroj Kasaju

May 10, 2021, 11:57:01 AM5/10/21
to efloraindia
Then I am not sure !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Gurcharan Singh

May 11, 2021, 12:58:44 AM5/11/21
to efloraofindia
Sambucus wightiana, very common tall herbaceous species in Kashmir.

Shakir ahmad (Ammatuer Taxonomist)

May 11, 2021, 1:05:11 AM5/11/21
to efloraofindia
S.wightiana have orange colour fruits... But here fruits are dark red

Gurcharan Singh

May 12, 2021, 2:13:44 AM5/12/21
to efloraofindia
The fruits are originally pale yellow, turn to orange, red and finally black, that is why it was originally confused with European S. ebulus. I had pointed out change in name in my book in 1976.

Shakir ahmad (Ammatuer Taxonomist)

May 12, 2021, 3:27:36 AM5/12/21
to efloraofindia
Thank you very much sir.. For clearing the confusion