Bistorta specis in Khaptad meadow of western Nepal

keshuvko

Jul 23, 2017, 3:24:37 AM7/23/17
to efloraofindia
Dear all,
I recently saw this photograph published in a Nepali newsportal, Setopati.com. It is allegedly taken in Khaptad in the Himalayan region.
I believe it's a Bistorta species. I would say it could be Bistorta macrophylla, IF NOT Bistorta affnis.

Best

Khaptad.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jul 23, 2017, 3:26:47 AM7/23/17
to efloraofindia, kesh...@gmail.com
Thanks & welcome, Keshav ji.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Khaptad.jpg

keshuvko

Jul 23, 2017, 5:32:41 AM7/23/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thanks for accepting my request to join the group, Garg jee.

By the way, I am posting photographs of plants on Twitter and encouraging others also to do the same. I am using #NepalFlora #NepalPlants and #BotanyQuiz hashtags.

Since I dont know local names and/or scientific names of some plants, sharing on Twitter media helps know the vernacular name at least, and know the ethnobotanical uses of the plants.

If members of this group are on Twitter, please catch up with the tweets @keshuvko. :)

Regards

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 10, 2021, 9:09:48 AM2/10/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Group discussion at
On Sunday, July 23, 2017 at 3:02:41 PM UTC+5:30 kesh...@gmail.com wrote:
Thanks for accepting my request to join the group, Garg jee.

By the way, I am posting photographs of plants on Twitter and encouraging others also to do the same. I am using #NepalFlora #NepalPlants and #BotanyQuiz hashtags.

Since I dont know local names and/or scientific names of some plants, sharing on Twitter media helps know the vernacular name at least, and know the ethnobotanical uses of the plants.

If members of this group are on Twitter, please catch up with the tweets @keshuvko. :)

Regards
On 23 July 2017 at 13:11, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks & welcome, Keshav ji.

I recently saw this photograph published in a Nepali newsportal, Setopati.com. It is allegedly taken in Khaptad in the Himalayan region.
I believe it's a Bistorta species. I would say it could be Bistorta macrophylla, IF NOT Bistorta affnis.

Best

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 10, 2021, 9:11:43 AM2/10/21
to indiantreepix, kesh...@gmail.com