OnePlus Two Review & Issues

Aayush Gadia

Sep 2, 2015, 4:40:44 AM9/2/15
to Indian Android Users Group (IAUG)
Just a day of use and a novice review my first one... Will write a detailed review soon.
Goods:
1. Gorgeous looks. As soon I took phone in my hand I was just WOW.
2. Awesome Screen. I am in love with the screen clarity and colors produced. Brightness controls are also good pretty bright in full sunlight and quite dim for night use.
3. Network Coverage is better than my previous Xperia Z and way better than iPhone 6... Both cellular network and Wifi.
4. Touch Response is wonderful. Instant and correct.
5. Havn't felt even a bit of lag even when open 10-12 apps along with chrome with 7-8  tabs.
6. The notification slider is a boon. Missed pressing * in BB to silent the phone now back to it. Also, it has three modes including priority.
7. Camera quality is fairly good in good lighting, okish in poor lighting. Video recording in 4k is awesome. Front camera is good too.
8. The "Shelf" replaces Google Now, looks interesting.
9. UI is almost stock Android.
10. We can actually chose software keys or capacitive keys for back and multitasking, we can even switch the side of the two as per our convenience. We can assign apps or tasks
for double tap or long press to these keys. Very useful.
11. Battery life is good as of now.

Issues
1.Heat. In 15-20 min browsing the phone became enough hot to cook rice. Specially top part and metal frame. Cant even put it in pocket that hot.
2. camera clicks nice pics but the app doesnt have much options.
3. Unlock Finger Print works fine. a little slower than iPhone 6 but still thumb has to be placed correctly for it to work.
4. No mmc slot.
5. Have to buy and adapter for my OTG for USB C.
6. Charging is really slow, 18% to 100% took more than 3 hours, with very occasional use wifi & 3G on.
7. Screen size is on a little larger end.
8. Favorites contacts have very large icon, figuring a way to make then smaller. Only 9 contacts accommodate on one screen.
9. Contacts app was far better looking on my Xperia. New contact looks like a boring office form.

Thats all for now. Will be back with more.

Also, if anyone has answers to solve the mentioned issues it will be a great help.

Vishal Sheth

Sep 2, 2015, 5:47:42 AM9/2/15
to Indian Android

Have you used OnePlus one? If yes then how does it compare?

--
Vishal Sheth
Sent from 1+1

--
╔═════════════════════════╗

Powered by → http://IAUG.in
Twitter → @IAUGroup

╚═════════════════════════╝
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indian-android/4704f7e6-36d3-4a44-a5a1-bd54e36f934f%40googlegroups.com.

Aayush Gadia

Sep 2, 2015, 2:52:07 PM9/2/15
to Indian Android Users Group (IAUG)
havent used OnePlus One so cant comment...

Prakash Shetty

Sep 3, 2015, 7:44:01 AM9/3/15
to Indian Android Group
Hi,

I have been using one for more than a week now and its a really good phone.
The latest update 2.0.2 to OxygenOS has made it even better, OnePlus  has promised a major update 2.1 in mid September. - https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/sticky-oxygenos-2-0-2-ota-rollout-starting-today.353511/

Vishal Sheth

Sep 3, 2015, 7:49:23 AM9/3/15
to indian-...@googlegroups.com
Prakash bhai,

Itna Chota review?

--
Vishal Sheth
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Aayush Gadia

Sep 3, 2015, 8:17:16 AM9/3/15
to Indian Android Users Group (IAUG)
You are not having heating issues?
My did got updated to 2.0.2 yesterday. Still have the problem.

Another annoyance is the slider to change mode, it gets changed to silent when I put the phone in pocket.... missed a lot of calls due to that... Now I try to remember and keep it upside down so the slider doesn't change...

Vishal Sheth

Sep 3, 2015, 8:22:15 AM9/3/15
to indian-...@googlegroups.com
The phone has a slider like iPhone?