Project for Ospreys of the world?

Jack Spruill

Sep 5, 2020, 11:06:18 AM9/5/20
to iNat Google Group
Good morning from North Carolina

I am interested in being able to add my Osprey observations to a project focused on that species.  I cannot find one on iNat?

Can you help me?  If one does not exist, but someone is willing to set one up, please include all subspecies that experts recognize in various places in the world.

Many thanks for your help on this.

Jack Spruill

M Botha

Sep 5, 2020, 12:39:31 PM9/5/20
to inatu...@googlegroups.com
Hallo Jack,

I am not aware of such a project.  Should you create one, let me know and I will join.

Here is a filter to find all Osprey (Pandion haliaetus) observations on iNaturalist:

Seems there are 4 subspecies.  Here are filters to see photos of each species

1.  North American Osprey Pandion haliaetus ssp. carolinensis
2.  Eastern Osprey Pandion haliaetus ssp. cristatus

3.  Eurasian Osprey Pandion haliaetus ssp. haliaetus

4.  Ridgway's Osprey Pandion haliaetus ssp. ridgwayi

Warm Zululand regards,
Magda
St Lucia, South Africa