Retrieving data from mid 2011 MacBook Air SSD HDD

Yuti Bhatt

Sep 17, 2016, 2:57:10 AM9/17/16
to imug-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

My mid 2011 MacBook Air 13" won't power up, and I desperately need to retrieve my data from the SDD.  Of course, I have to hope nothing is wrong with the SSD itself.  Apple Service providers are quoting an outrageous amount, and I'm out of warranty and don't have Apple Care.

From whatever research I could do online, I've figured out that I need the OWC Envoy 0GB Portable Bus powered USB 3.0 Storage Solution for Mac Book Air 2010/2011 SSD. Then, with the instructions found on http://www.insidemylaptop.com/access-recover-files-on-failed-macbook-air/ (second part on page pertaining to 2010/2011 models), I should be able to retrieve the data.

Has anyone on the forum experience with this? Can you confirm that this is the correct procedure? I am in Mumbai, and would really appreciate any assistance.

Regards

Yuti

Nirupam Ghoshal

Sep 17, 2016, 3:04:49 AM9/17/16
to imug-...@googlegroups.com

Check this adapter you can use it to recover your data. Send your number to RISHI he will add you on what's app group

--
IMUG Website: www.imug.in

Screenshot_2016-09-17-12-29-56.png

LM-China off

Sep 17, 2016, 3:40:33 AM9/17/16
to imug-...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,

The procedure is correct ,
 other option will be to insert your hdd in a similar working mac machine and back to external hard drive using time machine.

Regards
Nik

On 17-Sep-2016 12:26 pm, Yuti Bhatt <yu...@me.com> wrote:
Hello,

My mid 2011 MacBook Air 13" won't power up, and I desperately need to retrieve my data from the SDD.  Of course, I have to hope nothing is wrong with the SSD itself.  Apple Service providers are quoting an outrageous amount, and I'm out of warranty and don't have Apple Care.

From whatever research I could do online, I've figured out that I need the OWC Envoy 0GB Portable Bus powered USB 3.0 Storage Solution for Mac Book Air 2010/2011 SSD. Then, with the instructions found on http://www.insidemylaptop.com/access-recover-files-on-failed-macbook-air/ (second part on page pertaining to 2010/2011 models), I should be able to retrieve the data.

Has anyone on the forum experience with this? Can you confirm that this is the correct procedure? I am in Mumbai, and would really appreciate any assistance.

Regards

Yuti

--
IMUG Website: www.imug.in