Gold Summaries for Validation

Niranjan Ramesh Rao

Sep 18, 2022, 11:51:18 PM9/18/22
to ILSUM
Hello Sir,

Is there any reason why gold summaries for validation data is not released, as this would be extremely useful in the Test Phase.

And to be clear, there are only 3 submissions possible for test data right? The submission platform mentions
  • For every subtask, maximum 10 submissions per day are allowed.
Please clarify this point.

Regarding paper publication, will gold summaries or evaluation script for test set be released? This would be useful to carry out experiments which are not entirely focused on improving ROUGE accuracy.

Regards
Niranjan Rao

Parth Mehta

Sep 19, 2022, 12:08:26 AM9/19/22
to Niranjan Ramesh Rao, ILSUM
Dear Niranjan,

We do not plan to release validation / test set gold standard as of now as we are contemplating about keeping the leaderboard active beyond FIRE 2022.
I understand that there will be experiments for which ROUGE is not a focus, and we will try to figure out a way to make that possible. We will reach a decision soon and let you know.

The evaluation script we will surely make public and you can reuse it.

> And to be clear, there are only 3 submissions possible for test data right? The submission platform mentions
> For every subtask, maximum 10 submissions per day are allowed.

Yes you are right, there are at most three submissions per language. There is a mistake on the webpage and we will correct it soon. Thanks for pointing it out.

Regards,
Parth Mehta