Iliad and Zinc

benoit

Apr 13, 2020, 1:09:14 PM4/13/20
to Iliad project
Hi,

I have uploaded a new package : Iliad-Zinc on our official repo
(http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~hernan/Iliad).

In it you can find an ILZincServerAdaptor which is usable the same way
than our old IliadKom to start Iliad on top of Zinc.

It's still a very early work, I have only tested that the Counter and
the Todo Application from Iliad-More-Examples are working. Thus I do not
have updated the Iliad Configuration package.

This package should allow us to use Iliad on newer versions of Pharo
as since Pharo 7, the Iliad-Comanche package wasn't working anymore out
of the box. Right now I have only tested it on Pharo 6 though.

I plan to test and strengthen this code as much as I will be able
before the end of april, then do a last release before SmallTalkHub
closure (cf. the Pharo announcement on Pharo mailing-list).

I would be happy to have reports from other Iliad users testing this
new package to take into account bugs reports or improvements ideas.

@+
Benoit

Siemen Baader

Apr 14, 2020, 1:27:12 AM4/14/20
to il...@googlegroups.com
Very cool. It will be good to have Iliad on newer Pharos. I will try it out.

cheers
Siemen

@+
Benoit

Hernán Morales Durand

May 1, 2020, 2:23:25 PM5/1/20
to il...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Benoit!!

I've invited to the GitHub project so you can directly push there.
Let us now the progress, I'm creating now some issues so we can have the Pharo 8 port.
Cheers,

Hernán

benoit

May 2, 2020, 12:47:58 PM5/2/20
to il...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hernán,

thanks for creating the project. I was unable to find how to do it.

About Iliad and Zinc, I have done more tests off my latest commits :
+ Comet Example is working (but I didn't have time to look at the patch
proposed by Siemen) ;
- ILPharoControlPanel isn't working with my Adaptator, I need to fix
something there ;
- UTF-8 in forms isn't handled correctly (that doesn't surprised my, I
knew I hadn't done anything to it) ;
- server is stopped on closing the image.

Lately I am trying to get accustomed to Iceberg and github before
going back to the ILZincServerAdaptor.

@+
Benoit