Slide deck for adverse event reportingMarc Robberecht <marc.robberecht@dedalus.com>

Michael Tan

Mar 28, 2022, 10:21:05 AM3/28/22
to Jose Costa Teixeira, ihe-ph...@googlegroups.com, Simon. Letellier, LIGIER Quentin, SPAHNI Stéphane, TZIMIS, Leonidas (tzileon@gmail.com), Sylvia Stein, Anne van Berkel Meier, GS1 Switzerland, Hernany Silva Costa Melo, João Almeida, Trudy Hagg, marc.ro...@dedalus.com, Roeland Luykx

Hello Jose,

I have prepared a slide presentation on the business case of Adverse Event Reporting for the WHO. Could we discuss this on the IHE Pharmacy Technical Committee call this Friday?

With kind regards,

Michael Tan
product manager Nictiz

ADR_WHO_Business_Case.pptx

H...@medinorma.ch

Mar 28, 2022, 10:29:46 AM3/28/22
to ihe-ph...@googlegroups.com, Jose Costa Teixeira, Simon. Letellier, LIGIER Quentin, SPAHNI Stéphane, tzi...@gmail.com, Sylvia Stein, Anne van Berkel Meier, GS1 Switzerland, Hernany Silva Costa Melo, João Almeida, Trudy Hagg, marc.ro...@dedalus.com, Roeland Luykx

HI Michael, all,

This is an interesting slide deck -thanks for sharing.

I would like to understand how that plays with the current systematic review of the ICSR standards, which we will discuss at ISO in June… knowing that several stakeholders have requested to NOT change ICSR at this point of time.

This said, your slide deck is not only covering that aspect of ADE reporting, and I personally think there is space for improvement outside ICSR -since we know the gap between data collection in the clinical space and the regulatory space (ICSR), just to name an example.

I look forward reading more about this

Best wishes

Christian Hay

Managing Partner

Medinorma LLC

Grand Rue 34

1180 Rolle

Switzerland

Phone : +41 21 8253219

Why we engage in GS1 Healthcare: Overview of Track&Trace Regulations Worldwide brought to you by GS1 Healthcare

Mar 30, 2022, 8:57:43 AM3/30/22
to Jose Costa Teixeira, ihe-ph...@googlegroups.com, Simon. Letellier, LIGIER Quentin, SPAHNI Stéphane, TZIMIS, Leonidas (tzileon@gmail.com), Sylvia Stein, Anne van Berkel Meier, GS1 Switzerland, Hernany Silva Costa Melo, João Almeida, Trudy Hagg, marc.ro...@dedalus.com, Roeland Luykx
Michael, good slide deck.  Few points:

1.  As the pandemic is slowly moving to be an endemic, there is likely less appetite by WHO to receive COVID-19 adverse reaction (AR) data.  The pitch should be to report any AR associated with any vaccine/medication.
2.  Reporting ARs for vaccines has been tricky over the past year and half.  There is no clear cause-effect relationship between a vaccine and an AR.
3.  Reporting ARs should focus on providing an easy tool to the population.  A simple QR code or web site for self reporting, gathered and funneled through to WHO will increase the capture rate.

Ghalib A. Abbasi, PharmD, MS, MBA

Director, System Pharmacy Informatics

Houston Methodist Hospital System

Josie Roberts Administration Building

7550 Greenbriar Drive, RB6-128

Houston, TX 77030

Office:  346.356.1759

gaab...@houstonmethodist.org

www.houstonmethodist.org

 Inline image

Michael Tan

Apr 1, 2022, 7:10:13 AM4/1/22
to gaab...@houstonmethodist.org, ihe-ph...@googlegroups.com

Hello Ghalib,

Thank you for your advice. We will take into account.