Global Game Jam 2021

vazor

Dec 27, 2021, 5:18:00 PM12/27/21
to Utah IGDA Members
The next big event for the chapter is Global Game Jam which is happening Jan 28-30.  It will take place Friday evening through Sunday evening. It is most likely being hosted by Spy Hop at their downtown SLC school and rooftop location. Full schedule and sign up site are coming soon. We need volunteers for chaperones, check-in, set up, take down, seeking sponsors, and cleanup! Please email vazo...@gmail.com with your availability.
Thank you!

saberstorm_03_16_1989

Jan 7, 2022, 4:30:34 PM1/7/22
to Utah IGDA Members
I'm curious here.  On the website, they say it's running from the 20th to the 30th, with the theme reveal on the 16th/17th.  Is it a staggered release?

vazor

Jan 7, 2022, 6:12:19 PM1/7/22
to Arthur Brandon Nielsen, Utah IGDA Members
No, they are revealing the whole theme on the 16th on the front page of Twitch. We don't need to keep it secret any more. Right now the plan is still to watch the keynote together at the start of the weekend like usual, to get it fresh in our minds and to hear the inspiration right as we dive into the event. Some sites around the world with different school systems are starting earlier so that's why it says the 20th, but for our site, the main event is during the weekend like usual.

vazor

Jan 16, 2022, 2:52:43 AM1/16/22
to Utah IGDA Members
Global Game Jam is happening in two weeks! Hype trailer: https://youtu.be/j3bHZNONmCo
To get all the details, and to sign up, go here: https://globalgamejam.org/2022/jam-sites/igda-salt-lake-city
Note that the venue room has changed and we are now only in the Rooftop venue.
Special thanks to our sponsor SpyHop for the venue! Also they have a limited number of laptops we can use for anyone that wants to make games but doesn't have one. Be sure to think of those you might know who would benefit from this and have them apply by emailing vazo...@gmail.com with their situation. Application deadline is Jan 24th.

vazor

Jan 16, 2022, 2:53:48 AM1/16/22
to Utah IGDA Members
(Fixing the email subject.)

vazor

Jan 22, 2022, 7:13:54 PM1/22/22
to Utah IGDA Members
One week away!

Thanks to the generous sponsors listed on the website, we now have funds to provide some meals and help anyone that needs a little nudge to try attending. The accessibility fund allows us to request and make available things that people might need in order to join. Please take a moment to think about people you might not normally invite because of some need and let them know! They are invited and we can most likely accommodate their needs.

Please email me at vazo...@gmail.com if you are planning on coming in-person so we can plan meals accordingly!

Be sure to let us know about important allergies or preferences that would make a difference in whether you attend, and we will use the funds to make it happen if possible.

There is a schedule in the details of the event here: https://globalgamejam.org/2022/jam-sites/igda-salt-lake-city

Thank you to Utah Geek Events for covering the sanitization fee and providing pizza!

vazor

Jan 30, 2022, 11:39:12 PM1/30/22
to Utah IGDA Members
Congratulations to all those who completed a game or learned and shared their game development progress this weekend! All of the presentations were awesome and we saw some really cool games come out of this theme. And it was great how everyone helped so much and cleanup was done in record time! Thank you again to the sponsors and to the volunteers who made this event possible.

Thank you to SpyHop for hosting and being a major sponsor!

Thank you to Wahoo/NinjaBee for sponsoring lunch Saturday!

Thank you to Utah Geek Events for sponsoring sanitizing the venue space and providing pizza Friday!

Thank you to the GGJ Accessibility Fund and their fund sponsors, Unity Technologies, for making the event happen!

Thank you to The Game Crafter for sponsoring board game prototyping materials!

Thank you also to all the tireless volunteers from the IGDA Salt Lake City/Provo Area Chapter and the Utah Indie Games group.

Please take some time to check out everyone's games and throw them a heart or message them your feedback! https://globalgamejam.org/2022/jam-sites/igda-salt-lake-city/games

Thank you!
  -Josh

More from GGJ HQ: