End of Amazon AWS Sponsorship

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gómez

Dec 16, 2020, 7:23:38 AM12/16/20
to iDempiere
Hi community,

Unfortunately the sponsorship from AWS ends in december 31.  So, I'm thinking to migrate our servers to other platform(s).

So - we are in the need of at least 5 servers:
test, wiki, www, fitnesse, jenkins  (mattermost is sponsored and administered by Murilo)

As I see those servers can cost around €44/monthly in OVH VPS (or €34 with snapshot option)

Thanks to our amazing donors we have funds to support the monthly expenses for at least 1 year.

But of course, new donors are STRONGLY welcome, I'm sure with more donors we can do even better.

Now, instead of money, if anybody have spare servers to donate is really appreciated, requirements for the servers are:
- ubuntu 20.04
- root access
- stable, and we need some way to contact directly the admin if the server fails
- 2~4GB RAM
- 20~30GB disk (80GB for jenkins)

I'm not interested on administering the servers test-postgresql (with aurora) and test-oracle, but if anybody in the community can commit to sponsor and administer test servers with different things installed, please let us know, we can mention you in the test servers in the wiki page if we agree first on some conditions (stability, good time of reaction in case of failure, periodic reinstall or auto-deploy, just open source plugins, etc).

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Orlando Curieles

Dec 16, 2020, 7:36:17 AM12/16/20
to iDempiere
Hi Community, I can share my OVH Server with the community and put the test server's with docker without extra-cost :)

 I can help with this:
    test, wiki, www, fitnesse, jenkins

Best Regards.

  Orlando.

Hiep Lq

Dec 16, 2020, 10:18:01 AM12/16/20
to Mohemmed Bilal Ilyas
For jenkin maybe we can switch to travis-ci

We will be offering an allotment of OSS minutes that will be reviewed and allocated on a case by case basis. Should you want to apply for these credits please open a request with Travis CI support stating that you’d like to be considered for the OSS allotment. Please include:
  • Your account name and VCS provider (like travis-ci.com/github/[your account name] )
  • How many credits (build minutes) you’d like to request (should your run out of credits again you can repeat the process to request more or discuss a renewable amount)

Lê Quý Hiệp
Email: hie...@hasuvimex.vn
Skype: admin.hasuvimex

Company: Thanh Hoa Fishery Import - Export J.s.c  (HasuvimexDL 47
Add: Lot E, Le Mon Industrial Zone, Thanh Hoa, Vietnam

muri...@devcoffee.com.br

Dec 17, 2020, 7:51:15 AM12/17/20
to iDempiere
Hi Carlos,

I can setup the fitnesse server into my environment at OVH.

Also we can host the wiki in the same server as the read only adempiere wiki is hosted

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Dec 17, 2020, 9:27:29 AM12/17/20
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Thanks community, you are amazing  :-)

So, we solved the problem very quickly and I suggest this distribution of servers on the offers received:

Orlando -> test and jenkins

Murilo -> fitnesse and wiki

Marco -> wordpress (www)

We'll work on the details privately.

Still this part of the message is valid, more test servers covering different configurations are welcome - we can work on the details (requirements) if anybody wants a test server to be listed.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Nestor Andrade

Dec 20, 2020, 8:26:18 AM12/20/20
to iDempiere
Hi comunnity,
If something is still needed,
i could contribute with a VPS from my cluster of dedicated servers for one year.
Or I also have a server powered by cpanel and a web host could be share.
All servers with Zeon processors.

Cordially !
Néstor Andrade

Balamurugan Nehru

Dec 24, 2020, 11:14:48 PM12/24/20
to iDempiere
Hi comunnity,
If something is still needed,  I Could Contribute..
Regards
Bala MN

Chen Jiang

Dec 25, 2020, 5:06:11 AM12/25/20
to iDempiere
Hi, community

Where is the channel of donation? I can make a donation.

Heng Sin Low

Dec 25, 2020, 5:48:25 AM12/25/20
to idem...@googlegroups.com
The donate link at https://www.idempiere.org/

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gómez

May 31, 2021, 11:57:11 AM5/31/21
to iDempiere
Hi, I'm thinking about setting up a new community test server that can be used for testing a specific feature branch.

This is important when we're developing features that have big impact or are too big.

Does anybody have a spare server that can be donated for this purpose?

Requisites, ubuntu server 20.04 machine isolated with any production environment (as these servers are by default insecure)
I would need ssh access to install everything.
At least 2GB RAM and at least 20GB SSD hard disk.

If anybody can sponsor this server please contact me at mattermost.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz