new After Access report from RIA

Bill Tucker

Feb 1, 2022, 6:19:10 AM2/1/22
to ictdevers
I think there's a new After Access 2022 report sponsored by Gates Foundation you might find interesting reading (at least the Exec Summary or about your favourite region/country) somewhere here

bill

--

William D. Tucker (aka Bill)
Professor (Extraordinary) of Computer Science

having moved on to Stellenbosch as of June 2021

Disclaimer - This e-mail is subject to UWC policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at: https://www.uwc.ac.za/disclaimer

Alison Gillwald

Feb 1, 2022, 6:57:48 AM2/1/22
to Bill Tucker, ictdevers
Thanks Bill, this was just the announcement of the launch of the survey RIA will  be starting with country partners on the field work later this month. Only eight countries initially with Gates Foundation grant, but possibly one or two more countries through World Bank. Then some funding lines still open with SIDA and IDRC the original donors, which we are hoping might get us to 15.
Are you holding joint post with UWC and Stellenbosch?
Take care,
Alison
Alison Gillwald (PhD) l Executive Director: Research ICT Africa
Adjunct Professor University of Cape Town, Nelson Mandela School of Public Governance.
Workshop 17 | 17 Dock Road | V&A Waterfront | Cape Town, 8001 | South Africa | T: +27 21 447 6332
t: @RIAnetwork

Latest publications:  Openness in Telecommunications Reform and Practice: The Case of Open Access Broadband Networks, Public Wi-Fi, and Zero-Rating in Making Open Development Inclusive ebook now posted on the IDRC website
A digital new deal rather than a Fourth Industrial Revolution policy in Leap 4.0: African Perspectives on the Fourth Industrial Revolution, published by the Mapungubwe Institute for Strategic Reflection (MISTRA) and available here.
RIA’s Newsletter and much more here.
Sign up here to RIA’s mailing list for updates on research, events and opportunities.

Bill Tucker

Feb 1, 2022, 7:57:26 AM2/1/22
to Alison Gillwald, ictdevers
my bad! pulled the trigger too fast (and wondered why that report didn't feature prominently . . . ) sorry.

 That site is still worth a gander, peeps! And more.

bill

bill