L Snider

Aug 22, 2016, 12:52:20 PM8/22/16
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
If I look under a repository, the list shows me everything they have-but it doesn't let me see which descriptions are drafts or published.

I can't do anything in the advanced search, because again the list doesn't tell me which is draft and which isn't...

I was wondering if there was anyway to only view draft descriptions to see which ones are draft (versus published)?

In the admin area, I can list all descriptions in draft, but I can't narrow it to a specific repository. Is there any way to get both (to see drafts from a particular institution)?

Cheers

Lisa

Dan Gillean

Aug 22, 2016, 1:11:40 PM8/22/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Lisa,

Publication status is stored in AtoM as a key-value pair - 159 is used to indicate draft records, and 160 means published.

You can use the following search terms to return only draft, or only published records:

publicationStatusId:159 <--- will return all drafts
publicationStatusId:160 <--- will return all published descriptions

I've tested this out on the demo site, doing it in the advanced search page and adding a repository filter and it seems to work. The interface has changed in 2.3, but it should work the same:

Let me know if that works! As I mentioned in another thread this morning, we are in the process of overhauling the search index implementation for 2.4, to provide users with better search results for archival descriptions. See issue #10082. I will be updating the documentation with more tips and tricks, including the above information, as we finalize the feature.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

L Snider

Aug 23, 2016, 3:56:18 PM8/23/16
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

That worked! Very useful, and I will be looking forward to the other search features.

Cheers

Lisa

societe....@cableamos.com

Sep 20, 2016, 10:23:19 PM9/20/16
to AtoM Users

Bonjour Dan,

Est-ce que de la même façon il serait possible de chercher, parmi les notices d'autorité, celles qui n'auraient pas de « type d’entité » attribué?

Merci!

Guillaume Trottier

Dan Gillean

Sep 21, 2016, 1:14:38 PM9/21/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Salut Guillaume,

On the authority record browse page, try the following search:
  • _missing_:entityTypeId

This should return all records that do not have an Entity type (e.g. Person, Family, or Corporate body) assigned.

If you wanted to see all records that DO have an entity type, try:

  • _exists_:entityTypeId

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

societe....@cableamos.com

Sep 21, 2016, 1:20:24 PM9/21/16
to AtoM Users
Ça fonctionne, je te remercie!

Guillaume

Clara Rosales

Feb 1, 2017, 5:57:26 AM2/1/17
to AtoM Users, societe....@cableamos.com
Hello Dan!
I use, for example, the search _missing_:places for return all records that do not have associated Place access points. But... is it possible know the formula ou expression for another ISAD(G) fields like Name of creator, repository, publication note, etc.?
Is there any document or link that we can explore all the possibilities?
Thank you very much!!!

Clara

Dan Gillean

Feb 1, 2017, 1:30:47 PM2/1/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Clara,

This is something I've been trying to figure out and assemble for a while, and which I hope to add the the documentation. There are a number of changes to the search index coming in AtoM 2.4 that should improve search and browse results, but for now, I have shared all of my notes in a public document that is linked in this user forum post:

I have not had the chance to rigorously test all these fields as I found them listed by exploring the AtoM elastisearch index using HEAD, as I describe in the thread. I made the document public with the hopes that others would help test and confirm, but so far it looks like not much has changed there either.

I will continue trying to get a complete and updated list so we can add it to the advanced search documentation for 2.4!

I hope that helps!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.