2.6.1 translation release timeline and future bug fix releases

Dan Gillean

Jul 22, 2020, 4:54:19 PM7/22/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Greetings AtoM community!

I just wanted to provide an update on our current plans for upcoming AtoM minor releases, as well as translations.

Our volunteer translator community did not have a lot of time to work on updated translations for inclusion in the 2.6.0 release, so we are going to prepare a 2.6.1 translation update release in the near future.

Preparing and packaging a release is currently a huge undertaking, involving many hours of manual testing. While we hope to add more automated tests in the future, it's a somewhat difficult thing to do retroactively with AtoM's current architecture.

Because of this, to keep the amount of testing required from slowing a translation release, we are going to separate out the releases. What this means:

We will aim to release 2.6.1 in early September. This will be a translation update release only - meaning, if you are using AtoM only in English, you won't need to upgrade. Unless some major blocking issues are reported with 2.6 in the coming weeks, this means that any other bug fixes will go into a future release.

This will give us more time to find and fix any bugs in 2.6, and include patches in a 2.6.2 bug fix release. We don't yet have a target release timeframe for this - it will depend in part on what is reported and the severity of the issues found. We rely on our community to help us find the bugs that our testing misses, so please do let us know if you think you've found an unreported bug!

I have updated the AtoM wiki's Roadmap page to reflect these changes:
Translators - the AtoM 2.6 translation project in Weblate is now open! It will remain open for you to work on translations until August 31st, 2020. At that time, we will temporarily lock the 2.6 branch in Weblate while we prepare the 2.6.1 release. We hope to have this 2.6.1 release with your updated translations available by early September!

If you're new to translating AtoM's user interface, please check out our wiki instructions here:
Please let me know if there are any questions! And thank you again for the patience of all our community translators and multilingual users as we have worked through the issues arising from our translation platform move.

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

pedroa...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2020, 1:02:50 PM8/7/20
to AtoM Users

hola buen día, soy nuevo y me gustaría saber mas acerca de como instalar esta nueva versión de Atom ya que la deseo utilizar para un proyecto personal y me parece una herramienta bastante útil, si es posible recibir una capacitación sobre la instalación y manejo de esta herramienta seria magnifico.
de antemano le agradezco y espero una pronta respuesta.
Atentamente, Pedro Azanza Muñoz

Dan Gillean

Aug 7, 2020, 1:41:16 PM8/7/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hola Pedro!

Welcome to the AtoM community!

I have previously shared a number of resources that provide a general introduction to AtoM, as well as a list of free and paid training resources, in this thread:
We also had a non-archivist ask a bunch of questions about AtoM in this thread - some of the responses there may also be helpful to you:
In terms of installation, as well a technical requirements, please see our documentation for detailed step-by-step installation instructions:
If your institution is interested in paid hosting options, Artefactual offers these as well:
If you have questions about any of the services we offer, feel free to email in...@artefactual.com

Hope this helps!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Pedro Azanza

Sep 13, 2020, 8:17:37 PM9/13/20
to AtoM Users
hola Dan, me gustaría saber si ustedes dan algún curso o capacitación acerca de AtoM ya que estoy muy interesado en aprender mas acerca de esta herramienta.

Dan Gillean

Sep 15, 2020, 9:26:30 AM9/15/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hola Pedro,

For training options, please see the first link I sent in my last message:
In this message I have listed:
  • General resources
  • Free training resources
  • Paid training options
You can also learn more about the paid training options that Artefactual offers on our website, here:
If you are interested in booking a paid training webinar, please feel free to contact Artefactual at in...@artefactual.com

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Dan Gillean

Oct 21, 2020, 5:32:26 PM10/21/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi all,

It took a bit longer than we anticipated, but we've now released AtoM 2.6.1! More details:
Next week we will be creating a new 2.7 translation project in Weblate, so community translators can continue translating existing strings, and start translating any new strings from features and enhancements we've already completed for the 2.7 release. I'll post here again once it's open!

To learn more about how you can contribute to translating AtoM's user interface, see:
Thank you to everyone who helped make this release possible!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.