ism...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2021, 7:03:47 AM6/16/21
to AtoM Users

Good morning Dan, I have a question when it comes to including a link to return to a background from the digital object browser. Clicking the "Show All" button in the imageFlow of a background loads the digital object browser, but there is no link to return to the background. How can this link be created? Greetings.

Dan Gillean

Jun 16, 2021, 9:17:22 AM6/16/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Isabel,

Adding such a link directly in the user interface will require development. Theoretically it should be possible, since the internal object ID of the parent description is included in the URL of the browse page shown. I can't think of any easy way to add this without development, however. If you have developers in-house and want to try to implement something like this, let me know and I can see if our team has some suggestions on existing code you might be able to reuse.

In the meantime, using the back button on your browser should allow you to return to the parent description. Additionally, don't forget that if you click on any one of the results, you'll be able to use the treeview on the view page of the selected record to return to the parent description.

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 7:03 AM ism...@gmail.com <ism...@gmail.com> wrote:

Good morning Dan, I have a question when it comes to including a link to return to a background from the digital object browser. Clicking the "Show All" button in the imageFlow of a background loads the digital object browser, but there is no link to return to the background. How can this link be created? Greetings.

ism...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2021, 10:53:26 AM6/16/21
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan, indeed I would like to know the code that I must include to create this link since I would like to facilitate the return to the fund. I hope you can help me, thanks and best regards.

José Raddaoui

Jun 16, 2021, 3:17:15 PM6/16/21
to AtoM Users
Hi Isabel,

Considering you're using the latest release (2.6.4), this could be an option to add such button:

Add ...

if (isset($request->ancestor) && ctype_digit($request->ancestor))
{
  $this->ancestorObject = QubitInformationObject::getById($request->ancestor);
}

Add ...

<?php if (isset($ancestorObject)) { ?>
  <a class="btn" style="float:right;" href="<?php echo url_for([$ancestorObject]); ?>">
    <?php echo __('Go back to ancestor'); ?>
  </a>
<?php } ?>

Best regards,
Radda.

José Raddaoui

Jun 16, 2021, 3:24:21 PM6/16/21
to AtoM Users
Peek 2021-06-16 21-21.gif

ism...@gmail.com

Jun 17, 2021, 3:24:15 AM6/17/21
to AtoM Users
Good morning José, I have tested the code and it works perfectly, it was just what I needed. Thank you.