Public access to the reports

Béatrice Lecomte

Mar 5, 2021, 11:17:04 AM3/5/21
to AtoM Users
Dear all,

Is there any way to remove access to the reports to the un-authentified users?

We first tought that the "generate archival description reports as public user" setting was the answer, but reading further, we realised it is not the case unfortunately.

Anyone has a workaround for this?

Thanks,

Béatrice

Dan Gillean

Mar 8, 2021, 10:38:52 AM3/8/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Béatrice,

Unfortunately, at present there's no option in the user interface to disable access to the reports for published descriptions.

I think the easiest workaround might be to create a lightweight theme plugin, and remove the report links from the theme. We have details on creating custom themes here:
I think you could probably also find a way to add specific access rules to the webserver configuration, but this would be an ugly solution, as the link would still be present and users trying to access the link would get something like a 403 forbidden error message. Not ideal! Also, would take some research into Ngnix (or whatever webserver you are using) configuration further.

If your institution might be interested in sponsoring a configuration setting, feel free to contact Artefactual off-list for an estimate via in...@artefactual.com. If you have your own developers and might be interested in implementing such a solution yourself and sharing it back to the public project, check out our development resources on the wiki, and have the developers post here - our team can provide some initial high-level recommendations on where to start.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Béatrice Lecomte

Mar 9, 2021, 12:55:36 PM3/9/21
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot Dan, we will have a look at this.
Cheers,
Béatrice

Béatrice Lecomte
Twitter | LinkedIn