Translate content and keep user interface language in english

Franck Dupont

Jan 20, 2017, 4:47:28 AM1/20/17
to AtoM Users
Hi there,

Is there a way to translate archival descriptions without changing user interface language (keep UI language in english) in ATOM 2.3 ?

Thanks.

Franck.

Dan Gillean

Jan 20, 2017, 2:34:23 PM1/20/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Franck,

For local translations via the translation bar, unfortunately there is not currently, that I am aware of. Perhaps if you had AtoM open in 2 different browsers, you could switch between them as you need to see the original interface for context? Not ideal, but hopefully it might help.

Note that we encourage those working on translations to consider contributing to community translations via Transifex, instead of only translating locally - this way your work will be included in the next major public AtoM release, and the entire community benefits. Local translations have no real means for real-time collaboration between multiple translators either, but Transifex supports this much more effectively. We have some information on how to get started on our wiki here, if you are interested:

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.