Release announcement: AtoM 2.4.1 is now out!

Corinne Rogers

Nov 2, 2018, 10:29:33 AM11/2/18
to AtoM Users

Hello AtoM Community!

The long-awaited release of AtoM 2.4.1 is now public!

This release addresses over 55 issue tickets on bugs reported by the user community and found through internal testing - our most bug fixes in a minor release yet! You can see the full list here:

And details of each issue here:

As this is a bug fix release, it does not introduce any new features, with one notable exception.

As you all are no doubt aware, the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect on May 1, 2018. Even if your institution is not situated in the EU, it's important to be aware of this regulation and how it might affect you. To help you comply with the new regulation, we have added a new default static page called "Privacy policy" (which is available under the Quick links menu in AtoM header), and a new configurable cookie notification banner. Both the text of the notification banner, and the text of the Privacy policy static page are user editable. You can read all the details in the Release Notes on our wiki, and in the updated Documentation.

PLEASE NOTE: to use the new Privacy Policy static page and notification banner, there are a few additional configuration steps after you upgrade. Please see the Release Notes for full details.

Thank you to all of you who use our software, the individuals who submitted pull requests or reported bugs via this forum, and all community members who have helped in so many of the other ways necessary for a truly vibrant project. We couldn't do it without you!

Let us know what you think of the 2.4.1 release! And as always, let us know if you have any questions.

------
Corinne Rogers, MAS, PhD
Systems Archivist
Artefactual Systems

Ricardo Pinho

Nov 5, 2018, 6:13:40 AM11/5/18
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations for this release and all the hard work!
We are much grateful for this release and will immediately start to update to it.
Best regards.
Ricardo Pinho

Ricardo Pinho

Ricardo Pinho

Nov 8, 2018, 11:02:01 AM11/8/18
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
We have updated our site to the new AtoM v2.4.1, and everything seems to work just fine!
https://arquivodigital.cm-oaz.pt/

Due to some Portuguese National Archive Portal local regulations we had to make some small code changes to ensure harvesting compatibility, specially on the Dublin Core OAI-PMH output and reference code separator.

So, for AGPL-3 license compliance we have published on github the code changes, from AtoM version 2.4.1, freely available to all users!
ALERT: We don't recommend you to apply this code changes unless you are a Portuguese Archive Institution that needs to connect to the Portuguese National Archive Portal!

We have also published our custom Theme: arMoaThemePlugin

Best regards,
Ricardo Pinho

--
Ricardo Pinho

Dan Gillean

Nov 8, 2018, 12:14:25 PM11/8/18
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for sharing, Ricardo!

Your site looks beautiful, and I'm sure our community will appreciate your sharing the theme, and your customizations for other Portuguese users. I'm glad to hear that the upgrade went smoothly!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.