Institution Logo Replacement

tat...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2018, 10:51:19 AM1/15/18
to AtoM Users
Hi everyone,

I am trying to replace the logo from my institution but Atom only show the old one.
I already tried clear cache and restarting some jobs.

What can I do?

Thanks,
Tatiana Canelhas

Dan Gillean

Jan 15, 2018, 11:24:46 AM1/15/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Tatiana,

Did you remember to clear your browser cache as well? It's possible it's only your web browser showing you an out-of-date version of the page. If that doesn't work, remember that PHP-FPM has a cache as well, as does memcached - be sure to restart all three! On Ubuntu 16.04:
  • php symfony cc
  • sudo systemctl restart php7.0-fpm
  • sudo systemctl restart memcached
  • (then clear your web browser cache)
If you want to double-check that the correct logo is in place, you could also go an manually verify it in the uploads directory. The uploads directory is consistently organized like so:

 /usr/share/nginx/atom
        └── uploads
                └── r
                    └── institution-01
                    └── institution-02
                    └── institution-03
                              └── conf
                                    └── logo.png

That is, in the uploads directory, all subdirs are nested in an r directory, after which further subdirectories use the name of the institution. The repository logo is always placed in a further subdirectory of the institution's subdir, called conf

You can always navigate there to double-check that the correct file is now located there, and the previous file has been deleted / overwritten. Here's an example of the organization as seen in my Windows Explorer, using the Vagrant box and our public demo data:

For further details on the organization of the uploads directory, see this previous post:

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056