Error message when attempting to upgrade: Database "propel" does not exist

Joel R Smith

Nov 3, 2017, 4:42:53 PM11/3/17
to AtoM Users
I just moved Atom 2.3 to a new server running Debian 9. Everything was working just fine, I had one issue easily resolved by clearing the cache.

I deleted the webserver files, deleted & recreated the atom database, copied 2.4 files & copied back upload. After that I ran chown to insure all file permissions are set properly.

I'm getting the error message when trying to run  php symfony tools:upgrade-sql (running as root user)

I found an older post with the below instructions, but they didn't work for me. Still giving the same error message.

- Create the database as explained in the docs.
- $ cp apps/qubit/config/settings.yml.tmpl apps/qubit/config/settings.yml
- $ cp config/propel.ini.tmpl config/propel.ini
- Create config/config.php like the following: https://gist.github.com/sevein/f06dfe3d433494e9766e
  Customize the dsn, username and password fields with your own settings (MySQL).
- $ php symfony cc
- $ php symfony tools:purge

Just wondering though, was I supposed to create the database "propel"? I didn't do that. Should propel be installed?

Any help is appreciated.

Dan Gillean

Nov 3, 2017, 5:01:50 PM11/3/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Joel,

Propel is the ORM used in the Symfony 1.x framework - so if you have AtoM installed, it should be present. It sounds like AtoM thinks your database is named "propel" however, and is not finding it. I'll ask one of our team members if they have any further suggestions for you - this one is beyond me, sorry!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

David at Artefactual

Nov 3, 2017, 6:16:20 PM11/3/17
to AtoM Users
Hi Joel,

What's the error message?  I can't see it in your post.

Best regards,
David

--

David Juhasz
Director, AtoM Technical Services Artefactual Systems Inc. www.artefactual.com

Joel R Smith

Nov 3, 2017, 6:35:43 PM11/3/17
to AtoM Users
The error message is " Database "propel" does not exist."

David Juhasz

Nov 3, 2017, 7:03:08 PM11/3/17
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joel,

It sounds like something is preventing the database configuration in the config/config.php file from being read correctly. Can you double check that config/config.php file exists in your AtoM path, and that it's readable by your shell user?

Cheers,
David

--

David Juhasz
Director, AtoM Technical Services Artefactual Systems Inc. www.artefactual.com

Joel R Smith

David Juhasz

Nov 4, 2017, 11:59:05 PM11/4/17
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Haha, I've made that mistake before. :)  Glad you found the problem.